Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had knee surgery 2 weeks ago. long story short, found more wrong than anticipated. might need another surgery. my season might be over. I have an appointment end of this week to see if I can push it back or do it now.soooooooo... my season might be over before it starts. if it is Im gonna put my sled up for sale. here are some pix and list of mods. what do you guys think would be a fair asking price?

its an 04 f7 sno pro , dynoed @154 h.p. dyno sheets included
custom paint
arctic fx graphics( custom design)
flyscreen
hood screens
isovibe
bikeman pipe mod
[email protected] Y pipe
reprogrammed box
cpr clutching w/ heavy hitters
[email protected] clutch adjuster
custom seat
cross country tunnel guards
all suspension components are powdercoated
new zr style idler wheels
new hacksaw track
new 170 studboy 1.280 studs w/ alum nuts and backers
new USI PX 301 w/ 9" shapers
all bushing and bearings replaced in rear skid
new jackshaft and drive axle bearings
rails and cross shafts on rear skid are anodized
all stainless steel bolts and washers on rear skid
Im sure Im forgetting stuff, but basically this is a very well set up, very well taken
care of one of a kind firecat.

[attachment=282913:new1.jpg]
[attachment=282918:new4.jpg]
[attachment=282916:new2.jpg]
[attachment=282917:new3.jpg]

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Your sled is worth more than any new left-over Firecat. If you were to ask any less than $6000, would be a shame. The only problem is the lack of snow most anywhere, tuff to give a sled away, especially one as sweet as yours. Need money that bad? I have had both knees completely reconstructed, (tore acl, mcl, and meial meniscus) both a year apart, way back in the 70's, they will heal, you will ride again! Best of luck, hope everything turns out OK!

·
Registered
353 Posts
you willing to sell the isovibe

·
Registered
416 Posts
Why dont you just take the year off if thats the case, theres always next year. Theres no sence on loosing your ass on a sled that isnt going to cost you nothing to let it set there for a season. :div20:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking right about the 5 grand mark also. and Im not sure yet what Im gonna do. my thought was if I dont ride it this season, its still gonna be another model year older next year, and will depreciate more even if it just sits. thought it might be better to sell it while it 100% freshened up. then if I can ride next year I can get another, and half the fun is building them anyways.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hmmmmmm, i may be going in for surgery in a few weeks myself. Still waiting for my MRI; but thats not going to keep me out of the season (i most likey have a strained or slightly torn MCL and i do have a torn menial meniscus - Pop pop pop).

I am assuming its more than just getting scoped i take it? Too bad, that creation is pretty slick, sucks that you wont be able to show it off.

Good luck with the sale, if thats what you plan on doing. Oh, and the recovery too.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. saw the doc today. basically there isnt much more he can do. next step will be knee replacement and he said Im too young for that. to tough it out as long as I can.
my problem is my cartelidge is shot. of the three compartments in your knee, 2 of mine are bone on bone. and the third is nearly there. and my range of motion is terrible. can only close it to not quite 90 deg. and only about 15 deg. of straight.
I did get a knee brace and I am gonna " cowboy up" and see what happens. got a U.P. trip planned next week and that will be the test to see how I handle it. life is short, ride hard....right?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. saw the doc today. basically there isnt much more he can do. next step will be knee replacement and he said Im too young for that. to tough it out as long as I can.
my problem is my cartelidge is shot. of the three compartments in your knee, 2 of mine are bone on bone. and the third is nearly there. and my range of motion is terrible. can only close it to not quite 90 deg. and only about 15 deg. of straight.
I did get a knee brace and I am gonna " cowboy up" and see what happens. got a U.P. trip planned next week and that will be the test to see how I handle it. life is short, ride hard....right?
[/b]

thats the way i look at it!.. good luck with it, i had surgery on my knee last year, i rode with it before the surgery, little painful, but id rather ride in pain, rather than not at all.. good luck.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hope you get to ride, thats too sweet to sell. My uncle has had both knee's done and don't regret one second the pain and rehab that went with it. He say's that it is night and day, he can now do the things that he couldn't last going off, like going fishing to the ponds that are remote and only accessable on foot, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I was in the same boat about 3 years ago. Just sat out the season and preped for the next season. I have had 2 full reconstructions on the same knee so far. Also to young for the replacement. That last time I had no cartilidge left so they drilled into my bones. What that does is they let it bleed out and scab up, and you have an new layer between the bones so they are not grinding on each other. It is not as good as cartilidge but it is better than nothing. You just have to make sure not to put any pressure on it for the first 4 weeks after surgery to let the scrab settle into place. Otherwise it is like driving over that pot hole after they just filled it, and the shit just scatters. Got to let it heal and everything will be ok. Good luck. :div20:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts