Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, we are at 22° right now and have about 8" on the ground, a good base. I'm sure the upper elevations are similar. It all depends on how warm it gets next weekend. If we get a repeat of yesterday we will have some limited riding I think.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Warmest November on 100 year record, second warmest December on 100 year record, no change to the current weather pattern until maybe mid January. This so far is worse than last year! But hey, we are all saving money on fuel and travel, right? :-(

·
Registered
335 Posts
There was some snow on Mt Butterfield in groton, rode bout' 50 miles on 4"icey base with 6-8" of fluff on top. It's prolly mostly gone by now hopefully some of the base stay's.[/b]
Hey I saw a few people out riding. Did you cross rt 302? I was packing down the trail on the power line for my snowmobile,and noticed tracks.I was just wondering how far up they went towards territory rd, i know that part of trail is always rough on the power line there was 6" then monday got all crusty, I was pissed sunday night just past midnight 25 degrees and raining WTF !!! Oh I just read on the buckaroos web site that you can't get to Danville from Groton anymore landowner closed the trail,we really can't catch a break!

·
Registered
62 Posts
:worthless_without_pics:

i would love too see some pics of people riding to cure my cravin for sledin

·
Registered
62 Posts
There was some snow on Mt Butterfield in groton, rode bout' 50 miles on 4"icey base with 6-8" of fluff on top. It's prolly mostly gone by now hopefully some of the base stay's.[/b]
perhaps i was mistaken and he was ridin his snowboard hahaha oh well, just doesnt feel like winter.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Hey I saw a few people out riding. Did you cross rt 302? I was packing down the trail on the power line for my snowmobile,and noticed tracks.I was just wondering how far up they went towards territory rd, i know that part of trail is always rough on the power line there was 6" then monday got all crusty, I was pissed sunday night just past midnight 25 degrees and raining WTF !!! Oh I just read on the buckaroos web site that you can't get to Danville from Groton anymore landowner closed the trail,we really can't catch a break![/b]
Yeah I talked with buzzy about that on saturday we have to go thru cabot if you wanna get to St. J. Might be able to staraighten it out for next year hopefully.

I rode from butterfield down past buzzy's to the railbed and headed west towards cabot then turned back and rode the scenic loop in the gore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts