Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I need to thank Erich and Jimmy and all the guys at Bikeman for helping me out today. Warm today, I was told it wasn't good dyno weather but its what I had, now to the numbers. (Just peak numbers unless someone wants the whole thing, I can hook up the scanner later.)

Also, I hate to call companies out like this but if you compare my numbers to what Bikeman says to expect on his website, you'll see that he fudges the numbers, please see the pipe mod dyno run for the information.

2004 F7 EFI, V-Force Reeds and Stock Muffler:
127.2 HP @ 7800, 85.6 lb-ft @ 7700 and 7800

" " MBRP Can
126.4 HP @ 7800, 86.7 lb-ft @ 7300-7600

So, the MBRP can lost .9 HP but gained .9 lb-ft. Its really loud, cans are for sound, not power we know.

Got the Boondocker Box dialed in and got:
134.1 HP @ 8000, 89.1 lb-ft @ 7900

Leaning it down gained me almost 7 HP over stock at a trail safe BSFC.

Added a 2.5 degree timing key:
137.3 HP @ 7800, 92.5 lb-ft @ 7700 and 7800

Timing added about 5 HP comparing RPM's to stock and about 3 peak HP.

Now is where the fun starts. Erich had a freshly finished pipe mod he let me test. The website claims"Send us your stock F6/F7/M6/M7/Crossfire (EFI or Carb) pipe and we will modify it for an additional 5 horsepower!" As you can see below, its all lies:

Cold:
146.8 HP @ 7900, 97.6 lb-ft @ 7800 and 7900
Hot:
144.7 HP @ 7900, 96.7 lb-ft @ 7800

THIS THING ADDED 9.5 HP!!!!!! Bikeman's numbers on his site are LOWER THAN WHAT I GOT!!

Again, I want to thank Erich and all of the great guys at Bikeman for their time today and all the help tuning. I can't wait to get back there again to tune something bigger!

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
DANG DUDE :banana: NICE TO KNOW THIS KINDA STUFF i know what im gonna buy next haha

·
Registered
115 Posts
What kind of mod does he do to the pipe ??? Any ideas guys? Usuallt stock pipes are dialed pretty good but Bikeman must have found something...... maybe adds to the fat part of the pipe/ :Wow1:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Nice numbers from the timing key and pipe mod. Too bad the v-force were on already, would be interesting to see what those did. Wonder if maybe the reeds work better with the pipe mod, that could lead to the higher than usual pipe mod number.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Great info..........what's the plan on clutching now that you've found a few extra ponies?
How much of a window do you have to clutch for at the 144HP run?
What was Erich's recomendation? :div20:

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
So you left with 20 additional horsepower.....that sucks :beerchug:

You didn't lean down and add the pipe mod at the same time did you?? Same fuel curve as the run without the mod? That is a heck of a gain.

By the way....what's with 127hp stock? I don't know that I've seen one that low on DTR's site :dunno:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by cmscat50@Aug 30 2005, 07:21 AM
So you left with 20 additional horsepower.....that sucks :beerchug:

You didn't lean down and add the pipe mod at the same time did you??  Same fuel curve as the run without the mod?  That is a heck of a gain.

By the way....what's with 127hp stock?  I don't know that I've seen one that low on DTR's site :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852948
[/quote]
Over 95 %of stock 04 f7 efi's make 134 to 136 ....at least at DTR but BMP has the same dyno so the info should be pretty accurate . Usually after a 2deg key and a lean out .68 .70 bsfc stock pipe f7's make 144 @ close to 8000 rpm pretty easily .

Bluebear- your sled must have felt like a real pooch @ 127 hp . 144 should feel like a different sled . :beerchug: Awsome !

·
Registered
464 Posts
What did you do to the Boondocker. Add and subtract at different rpms? does he know where to be with the gas. Also, after the 2 degree key did you change fuel? I was wanting to go ahead and do everything and then bring it back to him to do. How much did all of the dyno work cost ya? IF you don't mind?

Karl

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bluebear,

Sure would like to see the dyno sheets. Would like to know at what rpm you added or removed fuel with the boondocker box. Do you know what exhaust temp reading you get at say 5000, 6000, 7000 & 8000 rpm.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
It would be nice to see the scanned dyno runs...the one just before the pipe mod and the one after. Did the Pipe mod lean it out more...and at any particular RPM?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Great info Chris. Thanks for letting us know. Erich is a nice guy to deal with. Did you bring him any beer? :beer:

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by cmscat50@Aug 30 2005, 08:21 AM
By the way....what's with 127hp stock?  I don't know that I've seen one that low on DTR's site :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852948
[/quote]
Depends on how hot the water temp is. We made 3 consecutive pulls on mine without cooling it and I was down to 127 HP on my 03 stocker. Nice numbers, enjoy it.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The fuel was pump gas. Had about a half tank of whatever I had in there from last season, probably old 91 octane, and I added some 93 from the local station. I've always run the premium fuel.

We tuned it one stage at a time. Erich was sure to only do one thing between runs so we could see what the difference was.

I sent my ECU in to be updated early last year when the update was avaliable, I'm not sure what program was put on but we tried an EB Crossfire ECU and saw similar numbers.

I forgot to talk about clutching the the pipe mod. The power curve is almost flat on top, its great. 7700-8000 are all within 5 HP and all over 140 HP so if you can clutch to a 3000-5000 RMP range then you'll be fine.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Stuck, just out of curiosity, what was your fuel pressure reading before the flow controller adjustment? 46 ish psi? Not a bad gain for just over a 100 bucks, eh. ;)

Edit: for get about it, I just realized you said you were using the BD box. :doh:

1 - 20 of 132 Posts