Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit a deer at about 50 miles an hour. I tried to get stopped, locked up the binders, still to late . It glanced of the side. I can't believe it didn't break anything. I looked back at the deer and it jumped up and took off.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
LUCKY you,thats one of my biggest fears living in northern WI,that and the [email protected]#$ing drunks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I came within 10 feet of hitting a moose last year in Cochran Ont. Damn thing was too stubborn to move and I barely stopped in front of him. I thought for a moment I was going to have to go under him.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
LMAO :lol: :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
You should get a push bar for the front of your machine...LOL, chrome of course

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have hit 2 deer this year in southern maine, but they were both at the sam etime, probly didnt hear the old 370 comin and SMACK i knocked one on the ground but it got up and ran and the other one didnt even fall.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A few years ago some of my buddies were riding the trails. They came across a small/medium jump and started taking it 1 at a time. As they cleared it they pulled off to the side to watch the others. As the last guy came over the jump a deer came bounding across the trail and they collided in mid air! Pretty much totalled his sled.
This is the same guy who had both his and his wife's sleds totalled when a tree fell on them in his yard.
This is also the same guy who was hit on his sled by a car last year as we were all crossing a busy road. That one was just cosmetic damage, but scared the HELL out of him!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Talk about scary crashes I watched my buddy hit a frozen snowdrift on a lake at 105 he got shot off when he hit and the sled stood straight up about 6 feet in the air! He was real lucky he slid on his ass and back then his feet caught and stood him up and he just kept walkin he's pretty sore and bruised but nothing broken. The sled landed on the rear bumper and slamed down on the skis it just needs a bumper tail light and snowflap talk about weird. :wacko:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Me and my wife were between iron river MI and Phelps on Saturday morning about 8:30 am. We came over a small hill in a well known deer yard.We thought we would see a few deer so we were taking it kinda easy well holy cow theres two wolves in the trail about 40 yds in front of us. I stopped my wife pulled up along side of me and gave me the I should a picture sign.I asked if she knew what the were--she just gave me the blank look when I told here what they were.When one of them walked off the trail and the other started walking down the trail towards us. Well all we could do is go by and i tell ya the f7 went buy in a hurry. That one never left the trail when we went by and the trail was only about 5 ft wide.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My brother got a piece of a deer at about 50mph earlier this winter. He didnt see it until it was too late. I think the deer may have tried to leap just before impact. It went over the windshield of the ZL. There was fur stuck to the hood in places. Amazingly the sled, the deer and my brother all seemed to survive the incident with no serious issues. He said that it went over his head. Not sure if he ducked or not. He said it hit him in the helmet. My guess would be a hoove perhaps. If the whole thing caught him in the helmet he would have been in bad shape.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A deer actually jumped on my sled.
I was on an old (narrow) rail line, real thick brush on both sides.
Good thing we were only going around 30 mph, the deer jumped & landed right on my headlight, his legs were just long enough that hardly any weight was on the sled. He just rolled up on his back, I hit the brakes, & he slid off. No injuries for anyone, including the sled.
I changed my shorts, & we continued on our way.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well,hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a friend of mine hit a deer last year up near Wolverine Mich(by Burt lake)He was probably over 60 mph ,and it was at night ,he was knocked off the sled and the sled behind him ran him over!!! Not a good thing,broke every rib on his right side ,and punctured his lung.Needless to say ,there was a long stay in the hospital,and two seperate operations on his shoulder.
He drives alot slower these day's!!!!!!!!!!!!And he's not to fond of deer any more!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Off the subject, but I hit a deer two years ago with a 7 iron from 160 yards out...hit the thing on the fly...it was laying there twitching so I went up and stepped on it's neck.

Shot of a lifetime.. My buddies were LTAO.

I was actually aiming for the green, but missed a few yards left....

kj

1 - 20 of 28 Posts