Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic

Well no more ridding my buddies ZL, I finally pulled the trigger on a sled. :boogieboy:

Bought a used 01 xc 500 sp with 2601 miles. Picked it up from townline motorsports in Mt Morris. Asking price was $2249 and I negotiated a price of $1750, I'm pretty excited to get out there and rip it up :thumbsup:

Being new to this I have many questions and posted them here:
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...p;#entry3416929

Can you guys check out that thread and give me some input? I'd really apprecate it.

Oh and one more question to add to that list. How is K&W cycle for service? It's the closest dealer to my house. I stopped in there yesterday to pick up a set of rollers and really got a bad impression.

Guy at the service counter was nice and friendly. Grabbed me a set of sled rollers, said they're $59 bucks rung them up. He then said take these to the front counter, they'll have your receipt and you can pay up there. So, I go to the front counter and nobodys there, but there are 4 sales guys standing in the cubicles on the left side of the store. I stood at the counter while they looked at me for about three minutes. Finally some guy said you need help? I said yes and they continued to chit chat about some movie for another minute. Finally the guy comes over and says can I help you? I said Yeah I need to pay for this, He punched some buttons and told me $68.90. :eek:oh4: I said what kind of tax you charging? He said what do you mean? I said these rollers are $59.99 plus sales tax he said no they're $64.99 plus sales tax. We went back to service where the guy back there opened the catalog and told the guy from up front $59.99. He said okay we'll fix it.

I was hoping to run in and run out. Instead I was F&n around for 35 minutes :wall:

Geez I just hijacked my own post :lol:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiped it down and took some pics

click here

Definately need some time to clean her up good

·
Registered
359 Posts
K & W is great. I get ALL my parts and accessories there. I live 4 hours away and have my friends bring the stuff up. They really know how to take care of people.

ASK 4 VINCE!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not a bad price.

Too bad someone pucked on the hood! In letters like S I R A L O P! I'd take it back and tell them you want a ski doo!
:stirthepot:

Jus t kiddin! Congrats! Hope Todd hooked you up with that price.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a bad price.

Too bad someone pucked on the hood! In letters like S I R A L O P! I'd take it back and tell them you want a ski doo!
:stirthepot:

Jus t kiddin! Congrats! Hope Todd hooked you up with that price.

:beer_cheers:[/b]
Trevor - yep dealt with Todd. Took some back and forth negotiating but in the end I think we were both happy. Thanks for the recommendation. Only thing I didn't like was they knew I was coming to look at it and the sled was REAL dirty. Looked nothing like the super clean mint sled in thier ad. In the end I think that actually worked in my favor.

Brook their internet jocky knew nothing about the sled, couldn't answer any of my questions, and kept repeating "it has a new track... it has a new track... it has a new track" felt like I was talking to a pet rock in the land of echoes.

Oh and Doo Doo is just not my thing :frech11:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K & W is great. I get ALL my parts and accessories there. I live 4 hours away and have my friends bring the stuff up. They really know how to take care of people.

ASK 4 VINCE!!!![/b]
That must be why you like them, you don't have to deal with them directly :yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I took in my sled for warranty work it and it was not the best experience dealing with them. When I got my sled back it was screwed up and I had to take to another dealer to fix their problems. I would never go back there to buy anything or for service. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
446 Posts
my proX is originally from K&W. they guy i bought it off of got it there.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That must be why you like them, you don't have to deal with them directly :yelrotflmao:[/b]
Great sled for the money. Very dependable model. See the Polaris forum archives or search it for all your answers.

K&W Parts dept is good but the rest of the place sucks. Just had mine in for the first time for updates and warranty work. I ended up redoing some work myself and taking it to C&C in Brighton to complete the updates that K&W couldn't do (bunch of hacks). I wasn't happy with my K&W experience.....never again.

C&C is great !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts