Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just ordered a pair of C&A Razors with 7.5" shaper bars for my 06 F7 as recommended by most of you. Any tricks to putting them on???

I would imagine you bolt the shapers on, bolt the mounting brackets, and then it's just one bolt with the cotter pin to install right????

These things aren't cheap!!! I'm hoping they improve the handling.

Please let me know if there is anything I should look out for as far as the mounting goes.

Many Thanks!!!

BN

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I just put the same skis on the same sled. It made a very noticable difference.

It's pretty straight forward for putting them on. The hardest part is lining up the holes to get the bolt through. Prop one side of the ski with a board to line up the holes.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Yup got the install right, hardest part might be getting the orginal bolt out of the spindle. Best thing to do is get the front of sled in the air so all weight is off the skis. Once on, you will like the fact that when going down a striaght and then there is a curve, when you turn the bars the sled will actually turn, no delay, not drift, no using the berm to turn and no more using the trees to assist.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My razors gave me a bit of trouble. the skiis had to be spread apart at the top to allow the spindle to drop in and bolt, I think it was only one of my skiis it happened to. Also i know you have shapers but with my woodys the holes did not line up perfectly. I had to bend the studs on the carbides to get them to go through the ski. This will be the best single upgrade you do to your sled you wont be disappointed.
have fun
Steve

·
Registered
623 Posts
yah, your going to have to put a board or something to prop up one side of the ski for the bolt holes to line up. at least thats what i had to do for my XT's

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hardest part for me was getting the mounting kit washers in the C&A skis.... didn't seem to want to fit - squeezed with pliers and popped right in. But then again ... i'm pretty stupid. I'm going to align my skis today - i've had fits of darting with the C&A's - gonna toe them out and give it a tear.

You will notice a huge increase in handling in corners though and on powder they are fantastic as well. I'm not giving up on them - i'm sure it's something i'm doing wrong (wouldn't be the first time...)

Cheers and Congrats on the skis!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Once old skis were off - I jacked up the front and started with the left ski first - lower the jack down so that the spindles are resting on the ski's themselves. I too, had to pry the skis apart a bit to get the spindles down in. Once you do this just take smaller diameter punch to line up the bolt holes with, I also used a rubber mallet to tap on the rear of the ski to help align the bolt hole front and rear - then lined them up using the tapered punch to go through the bolt holes. 20 minutes total changeout.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Once old skis were off - I jacked up the front and started with the left ski first - lower the jack down so that the spindles are resting on the ski's themselves. I too, had to pry the skis apart a bit to get the spindles down in. Once you do this just take smaller diameter punch to line up the bolt holes with, I also used a rubber mallet to tap on the rear of the ski to help align the bolt hole front and rear - then lined them up using the tapered punch to go through the bolt holes. 20 minutes total changeout.[/b]
All are correct.....tought to get on.....but wicked when on.

When mounting......., get the sled up in the air, one guy taps the bolt with a rubber mallet while another "twists" the ski to line up with your spindle. Kind of caveman, but it works.....

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I just got some Slydogs and they use the same mounts as the C&A's.. No instructions came with the mounts.. Do the washer insert thigs on on the inside of the ski (washer with a flange type thing that goes into the mount hole on the ski), and then the big washer go on the outside of the ski? Also, which way does the rubber piece go? Big part of rubber in the back or front? Im guessing it goes in the back.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
My razors gave me a bit of trouble. the skiis had to be spread apart at the top to allow the spindle to drop in and bolt, I think it was only one of my skiis it happened to. Also i know you have shapers but with my woodys the holes did not line up perfectly. I had to bend the studs on the carbides to get them to go through the ski. This will be the best single upgrade you do to your sled you wont be disappointed.
have fun
Steve[/b]
hey steve why did u bend the studs on the carbides??? just take a drill and and egg out the holes just enough so that they will fit. this is what i had to do.

I just got some Slydogs and they use the same mounts as the C&A's.. No instructions came with the mounts.. Do the washer insert thigs on on the inside of the ski (washer with a flange type thing that goes into the mount hole on the ski), and then the big washer go on the outside of the ski? Also, which way does the rubber piece go? Big part of rubber in the back or front? Im guessing it goes in the back.[/b]
I cant remember which way the rubber piece goes but it should go on or in just like the factory one.

and your washer delima you have that figured out. It just might take alittle while getting the inside washer flush with the ski.

I used a large and long phillips screw driver to put through the hole and then tapped my mounting bolt through. They are definitely a struggle to get on. I dont want to take them back off unless it is absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bringing this back- I just installed my C&A's and want to make sure I did it correctly. I have 2 types of washers. with my hardeware kit. I have 4 thin and 4 thick flat washers. This is not counting the ones for the skis. Do I use the thin ones inbetween the ski and spindle, like on the ski-doo style? I know the thick ones go on the outside. It does not look like the thin ones will fit, and I just wanted to be clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts