Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an email I received this morning from [email protected] :
I PUT 1950 MILES ON MY F7 WITH NO PROBLEMS AND THEN IT BLEW UP FROM THE LEAN CONDITION TODAY YOU ARE STUPID THE LEAN CONDITION HAS CAUSED MANY BURNDOWNS[/b]
I've been getting emails like this one for some time now. Also, for the past week or so, someone has been trying to hack into the forum and get my password. I have his IP address and he is from Nashua NH. (you know who you are) I get tons of email each day from people with every kind of problem.. from not being able to post pictures, to losing their password, from those that don't know the "report this post" button is not a reply button, to the insults and emails saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, people have been accusing me of deleting posts.. The ONLY posts I ever deleted were Firecat bashes and off-topic stuff that went too far. I haven't deleted anything in a while now. I don't censor language...Never did. Lots of posts contain four letter words. Some have even put up links to "questionable" sites... I left them. I never said there were any limits on that here. In fact I said that "just about anything goes around here". Should language be censored? I can put up "dirty word" filters, it's up to you.. But they have to apply to everyone, not just the administrators. I have said all along that the only thing I won't stand for is bashing. If I see a Non-Cat owner bash Cat, they are gone quickly. Most of you seemed to like that. If the person "claims" to be a FC owner then it is harder to delete, as I have to make a judgement call on if it is a truthful post. I don't want to exclude anyone, but I don't want to think some Doo owner is just having fun with us.

All in all, I am growing very tired of it.................If that feeling comes through in my posts, well then I'm sorry.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
rob...this forum is by far the best forum I have ever been to. I for one appreciate everything you have done for us here and I am sure many of us will support you and this forum no matter what happens. If there is anything that I can do to help, just let me know. keep up the good work!!!! and THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
rob,
i have spoken with you many times and have a great respect for what you have done here , i also know that its a lot of work and very frustrating . when forums of this nature become larger and larger so do the headaches and issues on trying to keep the forum informative and respectful , it seems "your" forum has now reached the boiling point with you ,lol. i guess you have a few options at hand here:

1 -----shut the forum down
2 ---start policing and deleting accounts/posts
3 ---hand the policemans job to someone and let them catch the heat
4 ---step away for a while and take a deep breath

and for the others that have to do with this......................i do know this, THERE IS NO MID THROTTLE LEAN CONDITION DUE TO THE MAPPING !!!! all the cdi's are programmed with the same info so if 1 does it they all would do it !!!!!!!!!!!!! for those of you that dont have any knowledge of 2 strokes or ignition/fuel mapping why even comment? oh wait , i know, you heard from a friends brothers cousin that his father in laws uncles sisters husbands f-7 siezed and his dealers friends machanic said the guy at cat said the fuel map that was programmed in to that "1" f-7 was bad, right ? yeah whatever................people we have the best forum in the world here and i for one dont want to loose it, but to keep the non f-cat owners out and the stupid little people i say we make it a pay site ! i know rob does not want that but i really dont think a non firecat owner would pay just do bash, but then again........ :unsure:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rob, you have been more than great with this site to us. You probably have enough headaches on here without having to deal with more B.S. I hope you get rid of the ass that is trying to hack into your password!! :angry: :angry: Keep up the good job! :D

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It saddens me to think that a few jerks could bring this site down :( :angry: .This site is the Firecat informational superhighway as far as I'm concerned.The knowledge and insight is invaluable to making our rides more enjoyable,and trouble free! I only hope that the BS stops before you (ROB) decide that all the hassles just aren't worth it anymore ,and you pull the plug!DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO US GUYS!!If you dont have a firecat or a legitimate question regarding the Firecat,LEAVE this site alone!!Go play on the other sites that have general chit-chat sessions,this ISN'T one of them!Please dont ruin it for the real Firecat owners on this site :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sounds like you needed to do a little venting,and I happened to be the one in the right place,right time. Sorry if I upset the board,but I want accurate information just as much as the next guy. I don't want to worry about my sled when I'm cruising along on a railroad bed at 60 of 70 mph. It's about helping each other, not trying to piss each other off!!! Peace. ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
This forum is a great tool for us firecat owners. I have found ALOT of usefull info here and have had no problem with my sled. We all need to remember that this is the internet and we will have to deal with all the crap that come along with that. I wouldn't change a thing on this site. If your sick of dealing with all the emails that you get Rob then dont respond to them!! Some of them are probally just trying to get under your skin and it looks like they are somewhat. Just IGNORE them and they will go away. Dont let it bother you its not worth it. Use the site for what it was made for INFO and HELPING friends. If people dont like the way you run this forum who cares. You started it so do what you want with it!!! I know I'm not sure how my sled would run if not for this forum.

Thanks Rob,

Alex

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rob, it's a thankless job and someone has to do it. This board is great. No, I don't own a firecat, then again I haven't said anything bad about them. However I have learned a lot about suspension setup that I wouldn't have learned anywhere else. Most all of this information is pertinent to other models.

Now if I could only learn more about how to take the engine apart or more about the running gear.

Basically this forum offers a lot to non Firecat owners if they would take the time to read and ask intelligent questions. It also attracts more idiots as it gets more popular. Here is a bash for you, I see that the e-mail you quoted is from an AOL account. Well I believe that AOL stands for Assholes On Line. So I appologize to those of you reading this who are on AOL and are not in that group, although in my experience that is few and far between.

Rob keep a stiff upper lip and don't let the bastards get you down.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is an outstanding site. Many of the tips here have helped me avoid problems and dial in my sled. This site is priceless, but just like anything else there are a few "people" that like to ruin it for everyone else. I do not want to see this site shut down, but if you did I would not blame you because I wouldn't want to deal with that shit. People should stop nitt-pickin about their sleds and start riding them. I do understand posting problems on this site but they should be done in a professional manner-not like a 4-year old throwing a temper tantrum. If people want to piss and moan they should grow a set of balls and talk to their dealers or arctic cat! I am sure I speak for the majority on this site by saying we appreciate your efforts. Thanks

ride/live southern Vermont

·
Registered
827 Posts
gee, where do i start,this is the best site period.....but i do see alot of posts on the negative side,we as adults need to be a little more mature about what we say and do,remember everyone has the right to say anything they want,it is how we respond to what is said and done is what's important,who are we to say this person is lying or full of shit,if someone says something that you don't agree with or believe. don't post in the topic,people get a kick out of getting a rise so to speak, so ignore it if you think its bs,we as adults should start being a little more understanding and realize that getting mad with someones true or untrue posts is not what this site is about,it is about helping other sledders and this sport,,this site is unique lets keep it that way, lets make a statement, lets keep this site what it is, lets keep it real,,

thanks rob

mike

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rob--love this forum- like someone else said --don't let a few bad apples spoil it for everyone-there probally the same kind of people that give snowmobiling in general a bad rap. Your work is very much appreciated. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
How about having a firecat is a prerequisite to posting on this forum. Make it so, you have to have your vin # to be able to say anything. I don't know jack about computers so I don't know if that is feasible, but I think it would work to get rid of all the trolls. Love this site and don't want to lose it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rob,
This site has helped me and many other people in a couple of different ways. First of all, a lot of safety and recall issues that my dealer never even heard of until I got them off of this forum. For example the suspension bolts. I'm sure this saved a lot of people from getting hurt and tearing up their sleds. Second, Its helped me hop up my F7 so I spanked a lot of people. Even a lot of stock F7's. Just change your email address and don't give it out to everybody. People can send you a private message through the forum if they need to talk to you. People sending you stupid emails probably have no mechanical understanding or they are inexperienced kids or both ! Keep your chin up ! :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Rob...I have been with the forum since the beginning and as many of us non Cat owners, berfore the Firecat have made this forum our home. Owning Yamaha i would use many other forums to share and gather information on all the new sleds i've purchased.....This is by far the best!! Trust me..a whole lot more bashing in other forums. Owning my first cat and "yes i've had some problems" been towed home twice. This f7 is by FAR the most fun i've had on a sled EVER!! I've had problems with new release Yamaha's also!!!! Don't let these people get to you. Remember back in the fall when you started the Firecat forum it seemed like a great group of folks, still is....Just some real Jerks WISHING THEY WERE HAVING AS MUCH FUN AS WE ARE !!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE FORUM..

PETER

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
sorry to hear all the extreme junk that you have been experiencing Rob. for what it is worth,i would have no problem with you censoring out whatever you deem innapropriate. i have read ALL of your posts and not only do i admire your insight and enthusiasm,i have also greatly benefitted. for that i am greatly appreciative. thank you and all of the other members who have added useful information as well as some humor from time to time. this site is really the only sled site that i look forward to viewing and participating on. i have the utmost respect for Rob and his efforts here. please do whatever it takes to keep this thing rocking! not to appear wacked,but icould'nt imagine not being able to refer to this site for info and pure enjoyment. whew,scary!best of luck Rob and no matter what happens,thank you for everything!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Rob, I have followed this forum for quite sometime. If it wasnt for this forum, I would not have bought my F7. I am new to cat so I turn to this forum for some insight and guidance. I appreciate all the hard work you put into setting your sled up and then sharing that with the rest of us.

If I want a bashing site, I will go to amsnow. I come to this sight for knowledge and help, sometimes I have to filter thru some senseless posts but thats okay.

Please dont give up on this, hopefully this thread will serve as a wake up call to some.

Happy trails.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Rob,

This is a great site. There will be headaches and there will be those who get in here just to raise hell. Like terrorism, it will be very difficult to stop. I know for a fact that people used to get onto the Trailconditions.com website and purposly try to raise havoc and stir the pot sort-of-speak. You can only do your best to weed them out. It's a judgement call, but we trust you.

-Robb

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rob,

Don't give up man. You've created the greatest site & forum we could ask for. I can only assume you are frustrated because you truly love the sport, the site, and the sled. It's a double edge sword. The site maybe mirrors the F sleds. Some little nagging problems here and there, but when you take two steps back and look at it as a whole you realize that there has never been one thats better and for all the nagging problems and issues, it is worth it.

Everyone, please do you part to act like adults. Rob shouldn't have to be our mother every second of the day.

As a Bud Light commercial once said...."I Love You Man" :D

Tim Grissel, Jr.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.