Hardcore Sledder banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so call me a trader Ive been riding and racing cat since 1997 but I decided to retire from racing and trail ride this season .me and a friend went to the up I rode me 02 snopro he rodehis f7 we had a blast after 300 miles I could hardly walk for 3days so sold the snopro because the suspension was to stiff for the trail for me. with every one whinning about the problems with the firecat I thought that I would try out the new rev 600ho I ride very hard and I told the sales people that. I bought the sled took it home and rode it 6 miles and totaled it in my front yard going over a ramp that was 39 in tall and 12 foot long when I landed the frame buckled at the shock towers totaling the sled 5300.00 damage this is something that I do on a almost weeky with my friends on firecats and zrs even my wifes mxz 500 can do it . I;m here to tell you do not jump a rev the factory built this krap not able to take the abuse of ditch bangging the frame will fold and you will be left with a ins claim if lucky enough to have ins. I;m going to buy the sled back from ins and rebuild the frame stronger and make up some custom fox shocks with clickers and show skidoo how to build a consumer ditch bangger look for it on the trails you wont miss it it will be labed rebuilt skidoo junk one of my race sponsors owens a sign shop good luck with your firecats and let me know if you hear of anybody else doing this BY THE WAY BE WARNED PER THE SKIDOO FACTORY THE REV IS NOT VALVED TO BE A DITCH BANGGER AND WILL NOT WARRENTY DO NOT BELIVE WHAT YOUR SALES MAN TELLS YOU RIDE SAFE THANKS

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I;LL get up pictures latter today good idea so everyone can see what the ramp that is so devistating to skidoo is only a pimple in the trail for a fire cat

·
Registered
853 Posts
My brother was riding with a guy on a Rev this last Friday and that Rev busted an A-arm. I've also seen quite a few( 5 in one weekend) broken
down and abandoned on the trail. I heard they are having crank failures due to a bad crank seal. The issues with the Firecat seem pretty
minor in comparison. Plus, AC is standing behind there sled. I've been extremely pleased mith my F7. Too bad I have to sell it. I will definitely
buy another one!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree in all my years as a cat owner I was never left hanging all problems were taking care of I only hope that by my mistake[buying a skidoo] others will learn

·
Registered
244 Posts
thats what you get for being a cross dresser ( oops rider ) LOL :wacko:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any stories on the F5 or have they been pretty good dont need a F7 I would be to tempted to use all that speed noone really needs to go over 100 its just how fast you get there

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The only problems with the 5's have been power valve cables comming off,and oil consumption.I think the first problem is directly related to the second.Too much oil gumming up the valves causing them to stick.On start up and cycling of the servo motor is when the cables usually fall off.Other than that mines been rock solid,no major problems here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw the damaged Rev and I can't believe SkiDoo turn down this as a warranty problem, when Bob puts the pictures up of the wimpy ramp and the gradual slope and being less then 40 inches high and the damage it did... skidoo should be ashame of itself for not delivery a new sled to his door.. I still blame Tousey Sports Center for not going to bat for him its unexcuseable the sled has 6 miles on it and Bob is 150 lbs. wet. My f7 SP and my 230 lbs did the same ramp 10 or more times it is nothing. It was like jumping a small square hay bale w/ a thoroughbred race horse (a joke of a jump) we all have hit holes in the trails deeper then this, and this had a 12' gradual ramp to that height............. I'll stay w/ cat at least they stand behind there product. I bought a 98 600 ZR new and hit a bad dip that was a little ravine at problably 70 mph found the bottom of dip and then the otherside going up very hard it bent my bars down and cracked the bulkhead w/1000 miles on it. Arctic Cat warrantied the bulkhead.... That was Century Sports in Stillwater and I didn't even buy it there..... I know if Bob would of bought sled from Danners Sales it would of been warrantied thats my thoughts only... You have to have a dealer that treats you like an individual not just a past sale......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks ditchpickle I feel it should be up to the manufacture to build a good reiable product and then stand behind it not just let the ins industry bail them out for there short commings or at least represent the product right and not miss lead the public. there should be a big warning lable . THIS SLED IS NOT MENT TO BE RACED OR RIDDIN IN SUCH A MANNER''". if this is the way that they chose to build them for the public and market them this way

·
Registered
41 Posts
BOB BOB BOB, Your 1st, Mistake was to deal with LOUSEY Sports Center! (COMMUNIST DEALER) Sends all Profits to Muslims Terrorists! 2end, Mistake You Bought a Chic Sled!
Yes if you read the finefine Print you will see that the Skidoo Rev 600HO was built for Chic Riders only! If you have a (stick) and the Dealer knows it, Your Warranty is Canceled before you walk out the door! 3erd, Mistake you dident buy the MXZX the way you ride, GOD HELP US, Your Sled would have had a better chance of Survival and you would not have to Worry about a Warranty because there isn't One offerd on the MXZX.
Race On!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in tousleys defence they didnt build the sled skidoo did but it was tousleys sales staff that talked me out of buying a mxzx and sold me a rev600ho sport

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey ToddUF7, why u sellin yur sled?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just a small comparison..

Last year my friend rode a ZL800ss and I told him to buy the ZR buy he insisted that he wanted a trail machine......So anyways we bang the ditch all the time and he managed to brake the bulk head where the shock bolts on.......the end result was a 4000 bucks damage and cat gave him warranty ....no questions asked.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Tousley Is a Huge dealership, they try to sell to the city foke that no nothing.

I like going to look around but I`ve found you cant see much with your hands around your ankles and the salemans hands around your waist.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All i did was go over a little mogul and the same thing happened to my rev! No offense but i've pounded mine for 1500+ miles, pictures or not i'm with your dealer. You wrecked it you bought it. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my real intension is to buy back the rev and redesign the shock support to hold up to the pounding then I can market the up graded braceing pkg to unsuspecting mxz owners who bought what they thought was ready to ride. I have to agree arctic Cat always stood behind what they sold In the race program they were finding weaknesses and sending out parts before most of us racers heared the rumer . hats of to you guys at cat at least you listen to your customers I truely belive that had this been a ac problem I would all ready have 500 miles on my new one instead of my wifes mxz 500

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.