Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone that has INSTALLED a "Journey Bag part # 2880372 on a ProS Switchback (2016) that is equipped with the rear rack?
I have questions about how it attaches to the SEAT.
The pictures show the instructions (poor) and what came included for attachment hardware. There are 2 screws, 6 push-rivets, an aluminum bracket, and a flat fiber piece. None of the holes in the bracket or flat fiber piece line up with any holes in either the seat or the sled/seat bracket.
Is it possible that the bag is intended to be attached to the seat with only 2 push rivets? The seat and bag holes DO correspond for such. Maybe the rack carries the majority of the 3lb. weight limit?

1st 2 pics- the lousy instructions
3rd pic- bottom of seat and bag where I think it attaches to the seat.
4th pic- is the hardware included with the bag.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SWITCHBACK PRO-S 800
163 Posts
I looked at my 2015: pro s and there is only two darts that holds the bag to the seat. When I checked mine the darts where in the bag not attached and the bag is secured so the darts don't do much.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at my 2015: pro s and there is only two darts that holds the bag to the seat. When I checked mine the darts where in the bag not attached and the bag is secured so the darts don't do much.
Thanks for that reply. I put on my seat, rack, AND bag today. I agree. I couldn't even get my hand into the side to push the rivets in! So I left them out. The only thing holding the bag is the velcro around the rack. Looks OK. We'll see.
If your's is OK and still there I suppose mine will be too. It WILL make it easier to remove and get to rear shock adjustments!
Still no excuse for the poor instructions and all the unexplained extra parts they included.

·
Registered
2015 SWITCHBACK PRO-S 800
163 Posts
Rear shock adjustment is easy. Lift rear rack with your shoulder to relieve pressure on the shock and twist adjusting nut. There is a max and min spec for adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts