Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
is that the stretch that goes to East Jordan? How the heck an I getting to the club for breakfast. That is the best early morning ride before the crazies wake up.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
is that the stretch that goes to East Jordan? How the heck an I getting to the club for breakfast. That is the best early morning ride before the crazies wake up.
Damn, lost Charlevoix/EJ trail recently, now EJ access may be closed. Looks like I/we highway patrol or load shit on the trailer and dump ‘em at some trailhead.

I ride from Advance side of Boyne City so I have been cut off from everywhere unless I decide to piss more people off and ride private property or the road thing which the road commission does such a good job that there will be no snow left when I return. Sucks!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'm confused as to where you guys are talking about?
I would think losing any part of the trail along M-66 would be a problem. Just hope it is not true. Can’t believe East Jordan and EJ snowmobile club would let this happen. Or find an alternative route.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Penny bridge road when it comes out to 66 you make a right and head down along M 66 just passed the White House there’s three Groups of cedar posts in the middle of the trail with no trust passing signs .

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully it’s just to keep at a out,but Doesn’t look good drive by and check it out yourself

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Now that the MSA has taken over ORV trails as well, I look for a lot of bad things to happen. Soon Michigan will be the only place that gets any snow, and no trails to ride it on. At 6k miles of snowmobile trails, Michigan can not afford to loose ANY trails. The last NEW sled trail I can think of in the LP was the horny Bear (Mancelona connector) That is now gone due to summer riding now too. MSA IMO needs to start a report a trespasser campaign for summer and winter. There are hundreds of quads, SXS's, ORVs heading north every weekend. Where are they riding? Wherever they think it looks like a trail. We all need to work together to put a stop to people just thinking they can go where their buggy/sled can go.

As well as come up with good plans to add more trail miles, like our neighboring states have done.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
LP........... And we have lost 5-6.

·
Registered
584 Posts
There are hundreds of quads, SXS's, ORVs heading north every weekend. Where are they riding? Wherever they think it looks like a trail. We all need to work together to put a stop to people just thinking they can go where their buggy/sled can go.
Lots of places to ride in the NLP now that almost all state owned forest roads are open to ORV's. Plus, now you can plate a SXS again and ride pretty much wherever you wan't (except private property).

·
Registered
838 Posts
...... There are hundreds of quads, SXS's, ORVs heading north every weekend. Where are they riding? .....
UP here, I see way more ATV/SxS traffic go by my house during the warm months than sleds during the snowy months. We've had several wkds this year where the local store/gas station has run out of gas, both 87 & 91, that might happen once during the winter months.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm not a fan of SxS or quads, never really have been. I know some here are. They tear shit up.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm not a fan of SxS or quads, never really have been. I know some here are. They tear shit up.
I can show you many places where sleds tore up the side of a hill trying to make a hill climb through the woods. Bottom lines is that there are bad apples in both sports.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I can show you many places where sleds tore up the side of a hill trying to make a hill climb through the woods. Bottom lines is that there are bad apples in both sports.
I'd agree on the bad apples part, but, I'm talking about trails in particular. SxS's tear them up.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,757 Posts
I'd agree on the bad apples part, but, I'm talking about trails in particular. SxS's tear them up.
How do you think so? Around the Grayling/Gaylord/Kalkaska area they have opened up a lot of the sled trails to quads/sxs's. I've ridden from my placed here in Gaylord down to Starvation lake where I always see lots of folks on their ORV's. I don't see any tearing up of the trails due to this. What can happen? I don't see any ruts or any other damage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts