Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does johndee.com ever update on his pics and live cams, it seems to me that people are snowmobiling in Houghton Mi, and his camera is showing nothing on the ground. He also has less snow on the deph chart than what i been seeing. he has about 6 inches and people from up there and have gone up there are saying they have knee high snow, thats about 1 1/2 feet to 2 feet of snow, i aint seeing it ??? somebody help me out, trying to plan a trip around the 10th or w/e weekend that i, im thinking januray 13th if that is a weekend

·
Registered
157 Posts
The webcam are ran be private businesses/households. He has no control on whether they are constantly being updated or not.
He also does not update snowfall totals/forecasts on the weekends. He usually just updates once a day and that is around 10ish every weekday.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The webcam are ran be private businesses/households. He has no control on whether they are constantly being updated or not.
He also does not update snowfall totals/forecasts on the weekends. He usually just updates once a day and that is around 10ish every weekday.[/b]
DIDNT KNOW THAT, THANKS, I WILL HAVE TO LOOK TOMORROW

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
john dee is on top of his game-he'll tell you like it is.
i met him in the keys 2 years ago-good guy.[/b]
well, yeah, but he should set up a camera that he can control, becuase we really want to know what is going on up there, i will send him an email

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
john dee is on top of his game-he'll tell you like it is.
i met him in the keys 2 years ago-good guy.[/b]
well, yeah, but he should set up a camera that he can control, becuase we really want to know what is going on up there, i will send him an email

·
Registered
227 Posts
Click on "AL Cam" on his site. It stands for...Always Live Cam. John puts in a huge amount of his free time keeping up his site for us snow lovers to use for free. Your not the only one planning a trip in two weeks. It is impossible to predict what trail conditions will be like on the 13th, just keep hoping for some cold weather!

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,420 Posts
Click on "AL Cam" on his site. It stands for...Always Live Cam. John puts in a huge amount of his free time keeping up his site for us snow lovers to use for free. Your not the only one planning a trip in two weeks. It is impossible to predict what trail conditions will be like on the 13th, just keep hoping for some cold weather![/b]
I second this. Chill out a bit dude. We're all on edge. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Click on "AL Cam" on his site. It stands for...Always Live Cam. John puts in a huge amount of his free time keeping up his site for us snow lovers to use for free. Your not the only one planning a trip in two weeks. It is impossible to predict what trail conditions will be like on the 13th, just keep hoping for some cold weather![/b]
AL stands for almost live

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i know about that camera, but i didnt know he didnt have control over the other cameras, thats what was confusing me so thats what led to this, im not worryed about snowmobiling miles, i just want to go im urging.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The reason some cams such as his have less snow is because thats the way it is right now the 1 1/2 feet is in a very small area above lake Goebic right where 11 & 102 meet is probly the high point for snow.If you check fish web the bergland area is doing a good job off telling it like it is,which is mostly off trail now.If U didnt get up there before friday you missed the good snow,now we have to wate for some more & hopefully this time it will be more wide spred.

Dam the rain
:fluffy:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Unless there is a problem, the AL cam is updated every 5 minutes or so, the Twin Lakes Cam (Krupps Resort) is updated every hour, the trail cam is updated every 10 minutes or so, the Porcupine Lodge cam (White Pine) is updated every 10 minutes or so. I'm not sure of the other cams, I don't look at them that often. John only has control of his cam in his backyard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.