Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put my hot seat twins on toke it for a ride last night it dident run bad hot seat told me to use 510N main jets seams really big but i put them in anyways dident foul any plugs but it wanted to the stock jets were 390 what is the next size down from 510N is there a 500N main jet any help would be nice its a gas hough now lol

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Here is my $0.02!!

anyone that wants to get into performance type upgrades pipes porting etc.. needs to understand and be prepared to test and tune, read plugs, piston wash and then use gauges, you need to be aware of the fuel you use and can get between stations, fuel supplies are different between stations, quality is different between stations, ethanol mix's will be different between stations. take the sugguestions of the Manufacture "most likley very conservative" test tune watch piston wash, watch plugs and then use gauges as you ride.

if you are not prepared or willing to do this work.. stay outa the fire, cause you will get burned, and if someone recomends jetting
that ultimately causes hundreds of $$ in damage.. bad blood and finger pointing will be the result.. Not good.. What works for me might not be best for you're sled.

it is hard to recommend jetting guidelines to anyone for a specific setup these days.. always start fat and work you're way down in jetting using wash plug reads and gauges.

Piston Wash and plugs take some time to setup in the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts