Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added to my stock 04 700 reeds, slp pipe and goodwin cluch they did the install, they jetted it with 490 mains will this be to rich? I sled in the midwest. I saw some posts seems every one is runnig 420-460 or should i run it 1st then see.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would run first and work your way down, I can almost garuantee you will be rich, but every sled is different. I got slp, rest is stock, and I have 460's in it, I think I am really rich, gonna test more this year and work down, not worth a burndown...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I believe you will find that 440 or 450 will be in the ball park. My bud ran 430 with stock pipes and air box and it was good all last year. This year it's SLP air horn and Pipe/silencer and we got 450 to start and will probably be perfect with 440. Need to run it first and check the burn.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Originally posted by pockets@Oct 19 2005, 08:13 PM
Stock mains safe, and stock needle.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941711
[/quote]

YUP exactly what he said! If your really good with tuneing and know when your NOT hold it WOT for long runs you can jet down more but as a blanket statement 440 is fine with a slp pipe. Gutted box and reeds will show its running rich witch will add the the margin of safe side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts