Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, This is my first time here but I've been reading some of the other columes and I was woundering if someone could help me. I have a 98 xcr 700 and I've bought some v- force reeds and was woundering if I had to Jet up or down when I install them. I am also need to clutch the sled and need to know if someone has clutched a sled like mine and what worked?

Thanks Bimmer1

·
Registered
847 Posts
I just happened across your post because it is listed in the State forum. You will get much better response in the sled forums.

To answer your question, no jetting or clutching is necessary for the reed change. You should be checking for brown colored plugs anyway as factory jetting is a bit rich to achieve a happy medium for a wide range of temps and altitude.
You can tweek the clutching to take full advantage of the better low-mid range power caused by the new reeds if you want, but its not necessary to see a performance improvement. 700's are ussually clutched better for mid range power anyway unlike a high winding 500 or 600.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts