Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone! I'm newbie here and first I'd like to apology my bad english (I'm from Finland that is where santa comes every christmas).

I have read those earlier topics about jetting. But repetition is the mother of learning. Right?

My ride is a 2005 Switchback 800 (witch I like by the way). I ride at sealevel (no mountains here in Finland) and temperature varies between -25'C to Zero (about -13F to 35F) and even warmer in the springtime.

Stock mains are 470s and needleclip # 4. How much leaner can I go without busting my motor and how about fuel screw (stock 1 turn)?

I'm allso installing a 2" padle 144" track (+ some bling-bling wheels from Mountain Machines) and would like to hear advices for clutching if needed. New gears I'm putting are 22/40.

This is a GREAT forum! :beerchug: Thax in advance...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hello Sape welcome to hardcore sledder :div20: I'll try an help you out but if you can get incontact with a guy by the name of Pocket he will point you in the right direction. First of all gut you'r air box i dropped 20 points (Went from 470's to 450s) an i ride anywares from - 20c to +5c with no problems. Don't do any mile long pulls with the 450. My Fuel screw an Air screws are set to factory specs. Your factory specs are 1 turn for the Fuel screw an 1 turn for the Air screws. If you can run preium gas with the key switch set on preium. Make sure you'r carb slides clear the bore at wide open throttle an make sure you'r oil pump marks line up (mine was on the lean side). As far as your gearing changes you might want more than a 1.82 ratio with a 2 inch track try a 21/41 with a 74 pitch chain. This will give you a 1.95 ratioan you'll proabably end up with ethire 64/66 gram weights. Try a Polaris Almond/Blue 150/310 or Almond/Red 165/310 i'm not sure about a secondary will look around for ya an see what i can find later The Big Dog.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
23/39 works well, polaris black/white primary spring, 10-66 weights, and a prox helix, 62/46-.46. Gut the airbox, and go down 2 sizes from stock, and lean the needle 1/2 clip. Put the clip in #3 (middle), and a 1/2 step shim from SLP, or Thunder products under it. Set the fuel and air screws to stock specs as listed in your manual/spec sheets. If you ride in deep fresh snow often, then keep the 22/40. The 800 likes some gear, to use the torque. Also do the things Big Dog mentioned, and have the clutch alignment checked, and adjust the engine torque stop tight, no air gap. A SLP torque and push arm are also a good idea. Also put the prefilters on your intake hood foams.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanx for your advices! Wery helpfull indeed... :banana:

Few more questions:
-From what and what year proX helix is the 62/46-46?? Allso the part#.
-What is Pol part# for the prefilter bags over the foam?
-What exactly do I have to do when gutting the air box? Just rip everything away from inside? And how does it effect to jetting?

Likely I made the right decision with gearing because I ride as much as possible in the deep stuff.
Feelings are high up because the first snow just came down from the sky as we drowe back in town from hunting trip.

Just got my 8" wheels and offset axle!

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sape the part number for the Polaris/Team helix is 5133772. Now when it comes to gutting your airbox just take two screw drivers pry the box apart then remove the shelf an air horns snap the box back together an reinstall 20 minute job. Nice looking wheels did you get them from Mountin Performance?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Big Dog!

Just wondering what those helixes cost there in US/Can? Called to my dealer and he says that the retail is around 210€ / way over 250US$... F*cking stealing! :banghead:
Any other options for clutching? Better for student budget?? :dunno:

And the wheels are from Mountain Machines. Great quality. :div20:

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
That helix was stock in all XC 800's with the team. Check e-bay for a used one. Are aftermarket parts cheaper there, as the Polaris factory piece will be marked up more. Just look for the same angles. 62/46-.46.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,618 Posts
that 5133772 62/46-.46 ER helix is $100US list

Used on 03 Pro-X 800 (others did not have Team or calibrated different)
04 800 Classic, 800 XC, 800 ProX
05 800 XC (no ProX, no Classic built in 05)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 21 2005, 09:43 AM
that 5133772 62/46-.46 ER helix is $100US list
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=944800
[/quote]

Finnish pricing SUCK! That helix from SLP here in Finland costs $190US.

Polaris parts. Very useful link! You can see the usage of certain part in other polaris models.

On monday I will get my new track so I can start installing it! I'll post some picktures of the sled when I'm done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts