Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 1997 Seadoo Xp and now I am getting a 2003 XP DI, if the dealer ever receives it. Guess I don't need it yet anyway. What do you ride. How do you like it? There is no other boat like the XP, for one person anyway. Let me know.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I have a 650 and 550. Both stand up, both Kawasaki. Sit down skis are too boring for me. If I want to ride around on the lake, I ride in my boat. If I want to have fun and get wet, I ride the jet skis.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
we have 4 jetski's
one kawasaki 750-SS
and 3 seadoo's
we ride on elk lake and torch lake.
we have a lot on elk,..if you ever go to michigan.
you should check these lakes out!!!!

we spend most of the summer there. B)

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Sport a 1997 Tigershark Daytona 1000, absolutely rocks, tops out at 70+mph and simply rails in corners, though you better have good balance when just putting along. B)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
sold mine last summer but i had a
2000 yamaha gpr 1200
triple piped
miller pro-lite head system
advent ignition
carbon fiber seat and windscreen
custom graphics
advent tach with egt
speedfreeks custom prop
jet-trix carb mods
the list goes on and on..............boat was custom built by me , jet-trix performance. in limited trim it would run 75-78 mph on radar depending on conditions and fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I have a 95 kawasaki 750 zxi. I have had problems with it taking water in the hull, then the ground wire broke (swim it in). Beautiful looking machine and fun to ride when it runs. Hopefully it will now be all fixed up for this summer as I had some seals replaced last season. BTW, I am looking at buying a Yamaha FX cruiser or 02 xlt 1200. There is also a holdover 02 kawasak 1100, but my image of them has been tarnished by my zxi. WE shall see how it goes this summer. Any comments on the 3 I am considering. I live on a lake with 30-50 foot boats that kick up a big chop, so I am leaning towards getting a 3 seater for stability. thanks, fenderu2

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
hay fenderu2........i have been looking for a ZXI.
i cant find one here in mich, <_<
if you want to sell that ski.........let me know. mark.
p.s. anybody got a ZXI for sale in mi,??????
i would like a 900 or 1100-but would consider a 750 B)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the fx 140 has been pretty much bullett proof , great rougher water hull as well. another option you may want to concider is the kawi 3 seaters, my choice would be the stx-R , but if you want reverse and all the bells and whistles, you may want to look at the stx series but not the r . the stx r has the ultra 150 motor in it and acceleration is awsome to say the least for a stock boat . you cant go wrong with any of the larger pwc but make sure you get the bigger motors with the bigger hulls.

·
Registered
481 Posts
alleycat you on elk lake? Were on torch all summer. best lake ever. lotta people lately though. oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
CATKID, yes i am.
you must mean the sandbar.yea it get's real packed some times.
we can get around there pretty good with the jetski's.
but it's a lot harder to get in when we have the pontoon.
you and i, are on the best and cleanest lakes, in mi,
let's meet some time this summer.
i am allway's looking to meet fellow cat rider's,
let me know when you will be on the lake. mark.
p.s. we do a lot of excavating for a bulider on torch and clam aera.
so i get to be teesed by boaters all summer.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
OK,

I gotta question for ya... I'm thinking about the new supercharged Seadoo 4tec. I currently own 2 Seadoo GTX DI's (2 strokes). The new 4tec is a 4 stroke and weighs around 800 lbs. I've read that it's fast but will I be happy with that huge/heavy machine. It's like comparing my F7 to the RX1ton. What should I do? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the supercharger will help with getting the beast up on plane , the power delivery is pretty damn good . dont wory about the weight the motor can pull it.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
i have a 98 1100 zxi that i play with on the madison lakes, also have a 93 750 stand-up that i am fixing up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I have a 1998 Arctic Cat Tigershark TSL1000, and a 1994 Yamaha VXR 650...ride mostly in lake erie

OneSki

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my 2003 Seadoo XP DI home yesterday morning. Wow, what a neat looking boat. I think that direct injected motor is going to be really awesome. This is probaly the best single person pwc out, throughout all brands. I am not trying to brag about the xp just because I have one, but I seriously beleive that. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
jj,
the xp is a great playful boat that youll enjoy, like a firecat there is a learning curve with its handling but they handle good ! rough water hook up is awsome to say the least. if im not mistaken it tops out at the 60-61 mark in good conditions .

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Apr 15 2003, 04:17 PM
jj,
the xp is a great playful boat that youll enjoy, like a firecat there is a learning curve with its handling but they handle good ! rough water hook up is awsome to say the least. if im not mistaken it tops out at the 60-61 mark in good conditions .
yea yer right, f-5snopro .
that xp is fast, we have a 94 with the little 658cc
in it. and it will smoke my 750-SS kawasaki.
i hate to lose to the seedoo's.
but damn,.......them sucker's are fast.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah guys I had a 97 XP and it handled like it was on rails. The 03 xp with be very similiar but will have a lot more power. It should be a very fun summer. I am hoping it will top out around 61, that is after I get it good and broke in. Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts