Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Pete from Sledheads of Frederic. He said you were the one in his post.
Are you Ok man? Sounds like you had a real close call.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
If this is the one regarding a truck slidding out of control into the F7 at the trailhead then he is ok. Sled is a different story. I was not there but my friend arrived as sled was flying apart. Bad weekend in that area, not too far from there was where the 13yr old a tree and did not survive, which is why a sled needs to be made for kids to big for a 120 and to small for a full size. Crazy things always happen the 2 weekends of tip up town in that area, seems to bring out the bad ones. Was in trout lake/paradise this past weekend and going to cadilliac this weekend.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

Yeah, thats the one I was talking about. Sounds like he had a real close call. Anybody else who wants to read what happened to Jeff from our site, go to Sledheads of Frederic website and read Petes Post for Monday.
Other sleds aren't the only thing we have to worry about............................
http://frederic-mi.com/sledheads/conditions.html

Kevin

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
All them pulleys Jeff has been making is keeping his ass in shape.

They might have had him hooked up to a couple pulleys if he didn't get off that sled in time.

Decisions are made in a fraction of a second that could ultimately determine weather you live or die on one of these sleds.

On street bike's they say....ride it out like a surfboard. Don't know if it's the same with the sleds.

In Jeffs case, that decision could have spelled disaster!

Glad to hear your O.K. Jeff! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for asking..I am OK..Just a little sore
White GMC Truck..NO Lights..Snowing Hard..40mph plus....Hey I thought I looked real good both ways before I started across the road..He just blended in real good with the conditions.
The pulley fix survived unscathed...I wish I could say the same for the sled.It..The sled..Most likley saved my life..Thats one hell of a deal for $8000.

Anyway..BE SAFE out there...And look both ways..TWICE

Now..What sled to buy next ???????

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by BY AC@Jan 21 2003, 05:28 PM
Maybe the RX - 1 ton should be the next sled....it might have won the confrontation with that pick up

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by BY AC@Jan 21 2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks for asking..I am OK..Just a little sore
White GMC Truck..NO Lights..Snowing Hard..40mph plus....Hey I thought I looked real good both ways before I started across the road..He just blended in real good with the conditions.
The pulley fix survived unscathed...I wish I could say the same for the sled.It..The sled..Most likley saved my life..Thats one hell of a deal for $8000.

Anyway..BE SAFE out there...And look both ways..TWICE

Well I can tell you that the original windshield is still in great shape. ;) Sorry to hear about your mishap and glad to hear your ok jeff. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sounds like your sled got crushed pretty good. Do you think you would have been injured if you would have stuck to the sled or did bailing save you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts