Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Wow! That's insane power. Have any of these actually been run in a race or trail ridden? How much and how soon do these go on the market?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Your running pretty rich. Your leaving lots of hp on the table at that jetting. Better safe then sorry tho.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Are you guys considering a less potent turbo? I mean if you had one that placed it in the 170-190hp range, it would probably be more trail realistic; not just for pure straight line speed. That would be ideal.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Are you guys considering a less potent turbo? I mean if you had one that placed it in the 170-190hp range, it would probably be more trail realistic; not just for pure straight line speed. That would be ideal.[/b]
X2 that is what I would want.

·
Registered
108 Posts
any photos of the install?[/b]

OCM,
Here is one of the photo's of the Jag during the time it was producing those numbers. We have made alot of changes since then & will post the new results & pictures in the near future.
Arctic625,
Were not planning on a trail version @ this time in the hope that Cat will come out with there own version of there turbo & we will be making it faster for the trail guy's. If Cat does not come out with a turbo for the jag we will most likely do a trail version for next season.
Morrisond,
We did break it in & start the tuning process on pump gas, being we had no thought of being a trail sled we didn't spend alot of time seeing how far we can tune it on pump gas but know it was somewhere between 220-230hp before we switched to race fuel.
Mainecat,
The answer to your question is "NO" We have someone that will taking care of that end of the driveline.
Turk,
Yes better safe than sorry. We look at the BSFC more than the A/F ratio during tuning, it could go a bit leaner with the fuel we are using, at that time of tuning we weren't looking to try to get the max hp # out of it since it was still breaking in during that time & setting timing.

We have made a few changes to this sled & at the time when we produced those #'s we still have approx. 10 more pounds of boost to go. Time will tell on just how much more power can be produced from this 1056cc twin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you guys considering a less potent turbo? I mean if you had one that placed it in the 170-190hp range, it would probably be more trail realistic; not just for pure straight line speed. That would be ideal.[/b]
the MCX turbokit for the JAG is producing around 200-210 hp on premiumgas http://www.mc-xpress.com/

·
Registered
899 Posts
JDP: Keep up the good work. These Jags need more aftermarket parts by companies like yours. That is the sled I am seriously considering for next year and if AC doesn't come out with their own, I'll be giving you a call.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i was impressed with your 660 a couple of weeks ago at montague.can't wait to see this beast on the trail.blw how is 3ds polaris coming?

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
how much boost did you run?(estimating 18 to 20 lbs) IMHO that would be trail safe with low comp pistons, and aftermarket rods, the engine is built like a brick shithouse

·
Registered
108 Posts
Krom,
I'm honestly not sure on the pressure at that time without being at the shop. low comp. pistons & H-beam rods are in there. I will add that we do sell H-beam rods & high performance pistons for the Z1 & T660 for the D.I.Y. folks & for other shops.

Blowitup,
Dave said he ran into you guys up there. Not sure your going to see the Jag on the trail unless it's a photo shoot...lol. As of 3d's Dragon, we want to let him get some miles on it before we do to much, snow would help. We will bring it in the shop soon & put the scope to all the sensors & start to design a program for it. Hopefully the Germans can build a small engine as good as Suzuki.

ODS Dan,
As most of us snowmobilers say..... "It's stock"...lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those are pretty big torqe numbers. hp too. what numbers do you think you will be topping out at when your done with it. you said you have more boost to go. it would be nice to see arcticcat 4 stroke can be a contender with the big guns will you be racing it somewhere. hp is good but can you guys get it to go. being a twin i would think it has to be at the end almost now. do you have video of it running. would like to see that :yes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those are pretty big torqe numbers. hp too. what numbers do you think you will be topping out at when your done with it. you said you have more boost to go. it would be nice to see arcticcat 4 stroke can be a contender with the big guns will you be racing it somewhere. hp is good but can you guys get it to go. being a twin i would think it has to be at the end almost now. do you have video of it running. would like to see that :yes:[/b]

Were not sure at this time how much HP we will get but looks promising. HP is nice & yes there will be some challanges to get that to the ground but one hurdle at a time. No we have no video at this time but working on our web sight & hope to have alot more to see including video. And for the question on being a twin... Time will tell.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thought I would revive this thread.

JDP keep us posted on the progress you make with the Z1 Turbo. Does it look like your current programer for the T660 will be along the same lines as what the Z1 will take?

Keep up your good work.

Rob

1 - 20 of 33 Posts