Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although many of the subjects on this site are not appropiate I enjoy reading about competitors sleds as they relate to the sport and to give us insight into our own sleds. Unless a thread becomes offensive or bashes I think thread shoud die a natural death. How Skidoo reacts to a bent frame is pertinent to AC riders because it gives us an idea of where we stand in the industry when we have problems. There are many far less usefull threads that are kept around. This forum is a community and I realy enjoy the insights and escapades of our many members. While many of these threads digress, one of the reasons this site is so successful is the personalities that surface though these digressions. I know we developed opinions of other members personalities by their opinions expressed on this forum even though we've never met them. I like that!
Anyway, I digress............ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Jay hadn't closed that thread I would have shortly.

Funny thing is... There have been posts on here about how the Doo websites "just talk about Firecats". Well sometimes it would appear that WE do a lot of talking about REVs.

Point is, this is a moderated forum. Sometimes it is hard to know what exactly to do and what to allow. But I think that most of us here appreciate the fact that this is a Cat-only website, and this particular forum is called "Firecat owners forum". So most of the talk should be about Firecats. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay, Rob,
I don't mean to be argumentative but my point is that thisis usefull information to Firecat owners ! I do understand this forum is moderated and sometimes decisions must be made that we don't all agree with. Maybe just a little more latitude? JMO :)

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
The thread was getting out of hand and as far as I was concerned had little or no actual value to the"FIRECAT.INFO" forums. After reading it a number of times, I also questioned whether the info was factual or not. Seemed like a bunch of BS to me.

Apparently Rob agrees.

Sorry you feel the way you do.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by skikvt@Feb 13 2003, 08:05 AM
is usefull information to Firecat owners !
In what sense is that useful to a Firecat owner?? Is Doo going to fix my recoil, I doubt it. Is Doo going to replace my oil pump? Again doubt it.

My opinion is this, how Ski-Doo treats their owners and handles claims, has nothing to do with how I, or any other Firecat owner is going to be treated by Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well I am a f7 owner and he was a 02 snopro owner and bought that rev I was excided to go riding with him, because we had rode all the time till he had gone racing the past few years. We had just rode 300 miles in Up where he had to go back to truck by himself and come and get me because I'd broke again . bearing in chain case that time, last time shocks blew out in skid, time before speared track, stuck piston ride before that. 4 rides to UP Mich. they are 6 hours away so it blew some valuable time... I was the reason he bought that Rev partly because I would of been his riding partner and he was hestiated to go F because all my problems... I wanted him to try the Rev so I could get first hand knowledge too. I love my beast its the most ultima sled I've owned but I have ruined four trips for myself and the guys that went 6 hours away with me. AC always fixed me and that was the main just of the story. ,it was to warn skidoo jump overs that they have problems too and skidoo treats their customers quite differently.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 13 2003, 08:09 AM
Sure, if that's what the majority want.

I will put up a poll on another thread in a few minutes.
Rob, Keep it all about the firecats...if we want or have the need to learn about the competition there r other ways to do it. Keep it AC all the way!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree, I got a Rev that I pretty much gave to my Girlfriend, Good sled but I dont care for it that much. I love my Firecat, And I would go to Dootalk from time to time to see how the Revs are holding up, and they do more talk about the cats then anyother sled Even more then the rev itself,We all know why that is, But I think this fourm is above all that and should Talk about Firecats. Unless we are talking about a race or something with some other brand, do so without bashing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 13 2003, 07:01 AM
If Jay hadn't closed that thread I would have shortly.

Funny thing is... There have been posts on here about how the Doo websites "just talk about Firecats". Well sometimes it would appear that WE do a lot of talking about REVs.

Point is, this is a moderated forum. Sometimes it is hard to know what exactly to do and what to allow. But I think that most of us here appreciate the fact that this is a Cat-only website, and this particular forum is called "Firecat owners forum". So most of the talk should be about Firecats. :rolleyes:
I agree Rob. It's reasuring I guess for some people to hear about other brands having trouble but when other brands talk about our sleds having trouble they come unglued. Lets keep this site clean and too the point or else we'll look just like the other trash sites. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts