Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, FNG here. Just wondering if anybody has tried Jaws pipes on their Tcat and what your opinion is as far as quality and performance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I put jaws on my 01 tcat late last season but didnt get much time on them. Got some time on them now and all i can say is WOW. These pipes make great power! The down side is the mileage but who the hell buys a tcat for mileage! lol. Just need to play with clutching a little more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, I put jaws on my 01 tcat late last season but didnt get much time on them. Got some time on them now and all i can say is WOW. These pipes make great power! The down side is the mileage but who the hell buys a tcat for mileage! lol. Just need to play with clutching a little more.[/b]
Do you have case porting done to your THUNDERCAT?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just installed a set on mine. Havent got to try it yet. It does sound amazing though.

I'm base ported, intake and exhaust ported with V-Force Reeds. I'm gonna run real fat mains to see how it goes and step it down from there. Anyone have the same setup with any tips? I'm gonna start out with 400 mains.

I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just installed a set on mine. Havent got to try it yet. It does sound amazing though.

I'm base ported, intake and exhaust ported with V-Force Reeds. I'm gonna run real fat mains to see how it goes and step it down from there. Anyone have the same setup with any tips? I'm gonna start out with 400 mains.

I'll keep you posted[/b]
My stock T Cat runs 430s, 400s are too lean, right?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine is a 2000. Not sure on the 400 mains yet, just have it running on the stand as yet. 340's came stock I think.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My 01' came with 320 mains stock, 340's with the power breather and V-Force, and Running 360's and the needle up one click with those and Black Magic Triple pipes. Perfect!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have case porting done to your THUNDERCAT?[/b]

Hi Bullit, no case porting or any other mods yet. maybe in the future, but focusing on 93 Tcat now.
Hoping for some decent ice to do some radar runs, have done some mods to the 93 last year but havent had good ice to try it out yet.

·
Registered
997 Posts
oreo3156,

If you opened up your air box 400 mains will likely be to lean. I'm at 420 straight across with a modded box and lid. I have black magic pipes, cylinder ported, and altitude at 1250. Make sure you check your piston wash. I hope schmitty checked his closely. Maybe he's way different as far as altitude goes?

·
Registered
322 Posts
thanks for theheads up, I'll try the 420s then lean down if necessary

·
Registered
360 Posts
not to steal the thread but what pipes are the loudest w. the stinger set up? jaws,psi,d&d,black magic, etc??? i am talking trail pipes not race

·
Registered
322 Posts
my jaws with the triple jaws silencers are fairly quiet. I miss my old MPRP can for the noise, but thats all it really did was make noise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not to steal the thread but what pipes are the loudest w. the stinger set up? jaws,psi,d&d,black magic, etc??? i am talking trail pipes not race[/b]
I have the jaws pipes on my t cat, and my boy has black magic pipes and can on zrt6 and everybody we ride with says mine are louder but that zrt isnt very quiet either!

·
Registered
322 Posts
K, my motor now has 150 miles on it so I consider it is officially broke in.

Here's what I have done. (2000 T-Cat)

Base ported, intake and exhaust ported, jaws pipes, VForce reeds. Its super cold here this week -15 C (5 F) I'm running 440 mains, needles in the stock position. Its burning super super nice. Nice and brown on the plugs.

The pipes are quiet, but I like noise. Little louder than stock but not much. I wish they were louder.

They fit very nice and are much lighter than stock.

Wish I had them ceramic coated.

Cant seem to make the machine idle back down now after a run. Air screws turned in to 1 1/4

I have some major clutching issues as I got my ass spanked racing in 1000 feet today. I'm engaging at about 4200 and am diggin a trench on takeoff.

I'm getting about 10 mpg right now, power hits very hard at 6200

Think I will get the revs down for trail riding. It revs about 6-6200 at 50 mph. in and out of its power curve all the time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts