Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to bring bad news, but the forecast models are advertising a huge January thaw starting next weekend. It goes through the 10 days of the model to the 11th, which looks to have temps in the mid to upper 40's. It will continue after the 11th for at least another day. Get some riding in, this could be bad.

:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Damn. I better call in sick tomorrow and go sledding.[/b]
ya but that is kind of typical in the beginning of january. but hopefully it will get alot colder for mid to late january and febuary like it usually does. im hoping for negative temps and a lot of snow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You right about the thaw... Hopefully there's not much rain.. Warming we can handle some, rain will hurt the all ready over flowing water bars

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hate to bring bad news, but the forecast models are advertising a huge January thaw starting next weekend. It goes through the 10 days of the model to the 11th, which looks to have temps in the mid to upper 40's. It will continue after the 11th for at least another day. Get some riding in, this could be bad.

:([/b]
Good call.......wouldn't be surprised to see 50+ degrees with the way 850mb charts look with 10 celcius going in to Canada. My luck........I will be on snirt when I get back to riding. Hopefully it will be a brief Jan. Thaw. -Gil

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Any definate date for back on snow, or a few more visits to the Doc ?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
More visits yet.........................................I'll prob be on mud when I get back!!! Where are you going this week?[/b]
Heading to Woodford early Thursday AM with my Brother, and will catch up with Yamadude and son. 4 of us are riding all day Thursday, and Most of friday. Looks cold, but with grooming the trails should be mint.

Still want to hit the NEK after the thaw, let me know.

·
Registered
949 Posts
accuweather long range for the Readsboro area (right below woodford) shows 4 days of 40+ weather, then back into the 20s/30s. It also shows no rain during those days. After the 20+ inches we just got, I don't think 4 days of 40 degree weather will kill the trails.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
accuweather long range for the Readsboro area (right below woodford) shows 4 days of 40+ weather, then back into the 20s/30s. It also shows no rain during those days. After the 20+ inches we just got, I don't think 4 days of 40 degree weather will kill the trails.[/b]
But it shure WONT help. I also know they dont groom if its above freezing cause the trails wont set.

Ill get my miles in now.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Where is Gil when we need him?? I hope he gets better soon.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Where is Gil when we need him?? I hope he gets better soon.[/b]

Good call.......wouldn't be surprised to see 50+ degrees with the way 850mb charts look with 10 celcius going in to Canada. My luck........I will be on snirt when I get back to riding. Hopefully it will be a brief Jan. Thaw. -Gil[/b]
...hes right there...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Woops your right... i guess i should have read the posts before.. good to see you back Gil... give us some good news...

·
Registered
949 Posts
so far accuweather isn't showing too much gloom and doom for the woodford area. Monday through thursday shows mid 40s with no rain. certainly not an exceptional forecast, but that shouldn't be bad enough to ruin the trails.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
If you trust accuweather................well enough said![/b]

I check accuweather, weather.com, noaa, and the easternwx forums on a daily basis.

So far THIS WINTER Accuweather has had the best and most "Accu"rate forecasts - which suprised me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts