Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to warming temps that reached 41 degrees.
So decided not to ride and wait it out. Took a few pictures from the
road. Hopefully temps will drop before the thaw gets worse.
THINK COLD!!!

for more pics http://hiawathamotorinn.com/snowmobiling.shtml

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Ewww...that sucks. They are forecasting daytime highs in the mid 20s and snow for the rest of this week, so hopefully the warm weather wont hurt the trails too much.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I just put on 500 miles in Friday and Sat. The trails were really good on Friday and a little soft on Sat but still really good. Today they are as you can see pretty shitty. There was a lot of snow on the grade between Mercer and Hurley. Hopefully there not shot. The trails are officially done until there is more snow. Its 56 right now in Racine county , a cool summer night, what a joke.

·
Registered
2018 Ski-Doo Freeride 146
63 Posts
It was 50-something most of the day today around the metro-Milwaukee area... it sucks... as for the trail pics posted earlier, that is some nasty stuff!

Right now, it is still 41 degrees in Waukesha County; needless to say, the snow cover is just about gone...

Interesting how SE WI can have the 2nd best December snowfall on record, and as of January 6th, the snow pack is practically zero.

:i_need_snow:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
It was 50-something most of the day today around the metro-Milwaukee area... it sucks... as for the trail pics posted earlier, that is some nasty stuff!

Right now, it is still 41 degrees in Waukesha County; needless to say, the snow cover is just about gone...

Interesting how SE WI can have the 2nd best December snowfall on record, and as of January 6th, the snow pack is practically zero.

:i_need_snow:[/b]
this warm up sucks, the trails were awesome new years eve and day

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Looks like TOAST to me.

Nothing like starting with new snowcover for the third time this year!!

:mother_nature:[/b]

this really sucks, hopefully there is something left in nothern wi

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ewww... that looks nasty. its supposed to be 55 here today. all thats left is snowbanks.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
This fricken blows its raining like hell here in Central Wisconsin. The trails were great and were only gonna get better until this stupid ass January Thaw came around. We had alot of snow here and I'm starting to see grass again.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im not sure whether curse Mother Nature or think positive.

Heck its only Jan 7.[/b]
I have to agree. It is only Jan. 7th! I would love to see a big snow month for February. If not I won't complain it's been a pretty good few weeks!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
No sense in getting all mad and upset about it. The weather is going to do what its going to do. The best we can do is take advantage of it when we have ridable snow and deal with it when we dont.
Im going back up to the Minocqua area from Jan 19th-23rd and I hope to be able to ride my sled, but even if I dont get to, thats cool too. Ive got a new set of handguards and a new console to put on my sled and if worse comes to worse, I will just enjoy a relaxing weekend in the northwoods.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
No sense in getting all mad and upset about it. The weather is going to do what its going to do. The best we can do is take advantage of it when we have ridable snow and deal with it when we dont.
Im going back up to the Minocqua area from Jan 19th-23rd and I hope to be able to ride my sled, but even if I dont get to, thats cool too and if worse comes to worse, I will just enjoy a relaxing weekend in the northwoods.[/b]
Agree 100%
I can't get enough relaxing weekends away at the cabin in Minocua, been times I drove right up after work only to spend one night and come home the next afternoon. Worth every penny.

F&F

1 - 19 of 19 Posts