Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 ZR500 and when I want to purchase parts for it there are two categories. "January Run" or "2nd Run". What gives? Did they make a trial version and then fix all the problems with the 2nd run? How can I tell what my sled is??

:dunno:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
look at your manual and i think if it says has an "A" after the sled vin it is the early edition. i got the early one and i dont know the difference?

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
are you carb or fuelie? friend ran into this last year, his was B(if i remember right) and required different piston skirt design vs the other runs motors

edit; just checked browns and they don't show fuelie, but his was!! :augen41: :dunno: , the previous post said to look for an ''A'' at the end of your vin, he's correct :div20:

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
january(early builds) run all ZR 500 and 600s had BLACK belly pans with green hoods and 97 Style naked handle bars

The 2nd run production had the 98-01 Handle bar pads and green belly pans aka all green

Of course there was the LEs Pearl white hood and the all black ZRs

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya my sled has carbs not injected. Black bellypan, green hood. I am in need to get a new stator and when I look for the parts the stator is a different part number depending on what run it is....I wonder what the difference is in the stators??? Any ideas??? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Originally posted by FreezerBurnt@Sep 28 2005, 02:40 AM
january(early builds) run all ZR 500 and 600s had BLACK belly pans with green hoods and 97 Style naked handle bars

The 2nd run production had the 98-01 Handle bar pads and green belly pans aka all green

Of course there was the LEs Pearl white hood and the all black ZRs
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=896804
[/quote]
umm so let me get this straight, hes got the early build(january) and i've got the 2nd build? wanna clear this up for me i thought mine was a early build.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Manufactures will ramp up and run a particular model for X amount of time to fill quotas. After this initial run, they will then revist the model, as more sales numbers and orders arrive, make any additional adjustments to the line and, run the "2nd run". Can drive you nuts in the auto world. Better have the VIN correct if you want to make any $$$

Dan

·
Registered
428 Posts
nope wrong padfitz... the january run was actually a 97.5.... totally different motors and HARD to fing parts for the 97.5 600 motor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts