Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brett Anderson(Canadian Weather Expert) from Innacuweather says.......

January will be a transition month, but it will take time

I believe we may will start to see a gradual large scale change in the North American weather pattern beginning in the middle of the month and those changes will continue to evolve through the end of the month. At this time, I suspect February may end up looking a lot different weatherwise across Canada compared to what it was in December.

Quebec: The early part of the month will turn out mild with below-normal snow and rain. Mid-month will turn out more stormy with above-normal snowfall across southern Quebec and normal for the north, while temperatures will still be slightly above-normal. The late month turns much colder with some arctic invasions. Snowfall will be slightly above-normal late month.

In the meantime........another mild spell on the way this week.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Brett Anderson(Canadian Weather Expert) from Innacuweather says.......
January will be a transition month, but it will take time

I believe we may will start to see a gradual large scale change in the North American weather pattern beginning in the middle of the month and those changes will continue to evolve through the end of the month. At this time, I suspect February may end up looking a lot different weatherwise across Canada compared to what it was in December.
Quebec: The early part of the month will turn out mild with below-normal snow and rain. Mid-month will turn out more stormy with above-normal snowfall across southern Quebec and normal for the north, while temperatures will still be slightly above-normal. The late month turns much colder with some arctic invasions. Snowfall will be slightly above-normal late month.

In the meantime........another mild spell on the way this week.[/b]
It's a tough game right-now...

...and I bet it'll be cold with snow in May :banghead:

·
Registered
45,635 Posts
It's a tough game right-now...
...and I bet it'll be cold with snow in May :banghead:[/b]
I'm even starting to believe it.... the grass is green and growing....crocus and daffodils currently have been sprouting up ...very weird for this time of year...even noticed some nightcrawlers in the yard the other night while it was raining.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm even starting to believe it.... the grass is green and growing....crocus and daffodils currently have been sprouting up ...very weird for this time of year...even noticed some nightcrawlers in the yard the other night while it was raining.[/b]
Are you saying the grass is growing up in the Lac St. Jean area????? I thought that was the only place with open trails...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh, same here in PA. We only received maybe an inch or two all season, which of course is gone. We started to see some freezing of the lakes and ponds, but that is all gone. This sucks....

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but when I look at the 14 day forcast it's making me nervous. Today I saw the documentary "An Inconvienent Truth" with Al Gore. I highly suggest if your interested in weather and global warming you should see it. Very interesting and very scary. :beerchug:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I also am trying to stay optimistic, but am getting quite frustrated with this s*it :banghead: . Got a new sled and itching to get a out. People here in Toronto are still ridding their motorcyles :frech32: . Nothern Ontario isn't much better, slightly colder but still no snow.
My buddies and I are planning maybee going to the Saint-Zenon area in the next couple of weeks if thing don't look better here. The trails there are opened, but I read they are quite icy in the corners. A French tourist wipped out and killed one of their guides. Pretty sad news. We figure it would take us 8-10 hours to get there from here, but well worth it if we get some decent ridding in :banana:

Still trying to stay positive, in the meantime... :linemup: :beerchug: :drunk: :burp: :zzz:

Steph

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but when I look at the 14 day forcast it's making me nervous. Today I saw the documentary "An Inconvienent Truth" with Al Gore. I highly suggest if your interested in weather and global warming you should see it. Very interesting and very scary. :beerchug:[/b]
I saw that same show! Very scary! But I know it is the truth.

Andy

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm sorry, I have to weigh in on this one..
Al Gore is a wack job pure and simple.. He lost his marbles after the 2000 election.
It's too bad, because I actually liked him as a Senator in the 80's and 90's.

He takes the doomsday scenario on everything, he even said that what is portrayed in the movie "the day after tomorrow" was possible in our lifetime until he was slammed by most scientists. And in his film, he never offered an opposing view.

You have to understand that there are many more factors involved in the Global warming movement, some political, and most economic (read $$$).
I have a hard time believing any study verbatim, especially when it is said that more research ($$$) is needed.
The world in general doesn't care about science anymore, they seem to be more interested in the latest Britney and Paris escapade.
In reality, people last cared about science during the space race. Researchers realize the Global warming issue is a potiential cash-cow.

Now, I do believe warming is happening, but I seriously doubt the effect humans have on its cause AND cure. There are many more factors involved that just Greenhouse gases. Things such as the jet stream and the solar sunspot cycle all play significant roles in what we see on the ground.
We only have RELIABLE records for the last 150 years or so. I just don't think that is enough is come to a conclusion.

Should we cut back on greenhouse gases? sure, but understand that the entire world would have to join in to even have a chance of making a difference, even then, I doubt the ability of making a significant impact. Excusing "developing countries' (as in the Kyoto agreement) and looking the other way when China has no intention of following anything will unfortunately torpedo the effort.
We should still cut back on emissions, but with the understanding that any effect will be minimal.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Typical american in denial. I guess you voted for Bush. Why don't you open your fucking eyes buddy. Maybe Gore is a whack job but at least he's trying to do something. I guess you think he made up all that data, have you even seen the show!!!!!!!! :frech32:

·
Registered
273 Posts
You guess wrong buddy (typical stereo-typing ASSumption)... I voted for Gore (but held my nose doing it). I voted for a 3rd party candidate (libetarian) in '04.
I've seen parts of his movie and enough interviews with Gore to get the gist of it.

BTW, Did you read MY fucking post, wanker?
I said warming is happening, but not at the doomsday rate that AL Gore is stating...
I ALSO said we should reduce emissions, what part of that don't you understand??
Do I need to find you a translator??

What all of the doomsayers have NOT addressed is how much we can REALLY do about it.
And what to do with China if they don't comply with reduction agreements (which they will NOT).

Every time I ask about how much we can slow the warming and the China issue I get DEAD silence from the Greenies, because they can't answer the questions.
Oh wait, maybe they can.. but they'll need more research money and they'll be looking in my pocket to get it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You guess wrong buddy (typical stereo-typing ASSumption)... I voted for Gore (but held my nose doing it). I voted for a 3rd party candidate (libetarian) in '04.
I've seen parts of his movie and enough interviews with Gore to get the gist of it.

I said warming is happening, but not at the doomsday rate that AL Gore is stating...
I ALSO said we should reduce emissions, what part of that don't you understand??

What all of the doomsayers have NOT addressed is how much we can REALLY do about it.
And what to do with China if they don't comply with reduction agreements (which they will NOT).

Every time I ask about how much we can slow the warming and the China issue I get DEAD silence from the Greenies, because they can't answer the questions.
Oh wait, maybe they can.. but they'll need more research money and they'll be looking in my pocket to get it.[/b]
<div align='left'>

Now, Now Gents we are all gas burners Here!! your two stroke lawnmower produces emmissions equivalent to you travelling 350 km in your car.How much do we really care?

·
Registered
273 Posts
<div align='left'>
Now, Now Gents we are all gas burners Here!! your two stroke lawnmower produces emmissions equivalent to you travelling 350 km in your car.How much do we really care?[/b][/quote]

Very true...
Although, who knows, Electric sleds may be here before we know it. I saw some tests done and with the right motor, its damn impressive. Its also too quiet!
When the preachy Hollywood left stops using 5MPG Hummer limos and private jets, maybe I'll get rid of my 2-stroke

·
Registered
615 Posts

Oh wait, maybe they can.. but they'll need more research money and they'll be looking in my pocket to get it.[/b]
Sorry but when you said "I seriously doubt the effect humans have on the cause" It sounded like your maybe a little bit in denial, and probably a bigger wanker than most. When you say stupid shit it makes you look stupid. The fact that you haven't even seen the show but know more about it than people who have just shows what kind of know it all idiot you are.

·
Registered
379 Posts
China is not a factor, we in the US make a huge impact.

Americans make up just 4 percent of the world's population, we produce 25 percent of the carbon dioxide pollution from fossil-fuel burning -- by far the largest share of any country. In fact, the United States emits more carbon dioxide than China, India and Japan, combined.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts