Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left lunenburg at 9am, minus 4, very warm compared to yesterday,..but we had to dress for warmer weather as the forecast was going to 20 today. (I digress) anyways, we headed through the moose river area (and again, I cannot express how much of a great job these guys have done to their`trail system in the past few days),.. then cut through ST Jay on 2, and then the LVRT. (AGAIN, its Caledonia county duking it out with the moose river boys for top honors this year, and by the looks of it, they are BOTH taking this seriously!!!) Gassed up at 'Marties' and continued to West danville on the LVRT,...heres where it starts to get real ugly. The new bridge at joes pond, yes, the one next to the old coverd bridge must have cost VAST a few hundred thousand $$$ to build,...now there is nothing there but a 'DEAD END" sign!!,.....OK,..we piss and moaned and move on, (damn that was a great trail),. Headed to the end of joes, (no tracks on the lake yet and I wasnt going to be the first),..up to CA 111, headed towards Cabot. At WN 85, we made the HORRIBLE mistake to take 232 South,...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DONT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!! No grooming, and signs saying exactly that,...it sucks.AT CA18 we stopped and bitched about how the Bailey Hazen club used to be the best club in VT,...its now disolved, and the results are an area that used to be the best area in the state to ride is now the worst. Bumpy trails, dead ends, etc etc,...it SUCKS! Peacham MUST be so ANTI sowmobile, I just cannot believe how much we have lost in this area,..its indescribeable. Anyways,..we crossed into the Buckaroos area, and I will say that anything that Betty and Buzzy touches, they turn to white gold. Trails throughout the Buckaroos were perfect. I dont need to go further here because its just redundant,,.If you ride in the Buckaroos territory, expect the best!...Then we Went up 145 towards Cabot,..back to the LVRT and then headed up to Walden at CA110. We stopped to gas up at our 'new freinds' place,..the Walden Country store", tried to say hello to Jackie,..but as her husband informed me, "well, she never seems to be here when someone from HCS stops in!!" (OH YA!! At this fill up, my buddy "Arctic Cat Arnies ZRT 600 hit the 10,000 mile mark, another milestone) Would have loved to stay fer pizza and beer, but the boys I ride with seem to need to keep a schedule or somethig, so we kept on moving east.. ...THEN,... Over Stannard mountain, which was perfect, lightly snowing, down the incredible 151,..(just as great as i remember bacardi 151 in high skrewl,..ouhm,,,)....and back north onto 51 at the Buckball Lodge. Rode into Shellys, ate dinner, a few cocktails, and pipelined it on another perfect trail to EX 61,.and we decided to do the Kirby thing again as its always sooooooo good. Then back to home,...all in all,...180 miles. gotta say, EssexCounty trails ROCK over Caledonias, with the exception of those groomed by the Caledonia Club,..and Waldens club was close to perfection as well. As my dad said, "if you cant say anything nice,.dont say anything",...so I wont about whats left of the peacham area. Gotta drop off the 05 at Harrys tomorow for a chaincase repair,...then I clean up the camp and head back to purgatory for 5-7 days (Connectiut) before I return. Thanks again for all the great GREAT grooming by the Moose river`Rock Dodgers, and the Caledonia club. You boys are the KINGS!!!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Great pics and great write up. Bummer about the dead end. We use to stop for a bite across the street at that store by Joes Pond. I've always remembered Peacham being a tough sell for the trailmasters up that way. Can't say enough about Stannard Mtn. I love that area fer sure. Also your XC is nice, it makes me wish I never sold mine. Rode my new Fuse today for the first time and found oil dripping out all over my suspension after maybe 30 miles. My old xcsp was flawless out of the crate .... not off to a good start. Thanks again for the trail report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts