Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thred for the Mon Tues ride is getting a little long, and I know most of the other guys posted their response to this ride - just thought I'd start fresh and show some pics.

Tailight - Apex
Thinksno - Ploaris
DoodaDave - Rev (Yellow)
.Aholic - Cat F7
Myself - Rev (Red)

Started at the parking lot at the end of Francis St in Fenelon - this is a public park and beach area - the railtrail runs right off the East end of the parking lot - the lake was staked but early in the morning with the fresh snow we were unsure if it was all staked and if we could find the tracks - so we just stayed to the railtrail - B103

Then took the E108 East, 495 north which becomes the 498 and then the 509 and a little road run down into Gooderham. No gas here but Jackies resteraunt served us well - good food. Cross the highway through a small park and over a small bridge, short road run and turn left past the community center and there is a single track local trail - it's labeled Keep out - death to all - private property and all that so we came back to the resteraunt to ask for some directions because we needed to get to Wilberforce or Harcourt for gas - locals said the Keep out is for summer ATV's and we were good to go. This local trail brings you to McCools rd - take a left here and it'll bring you back towards the highway and there you will find the 606. This is another railtrail and was perfect and smooth - we ran an easy 100k....errrr, i mean - sorry for that - 60k all the way up Wilberforce. Georgeous scenery and huge snow everywhere. After gas we did the 605 to Top E then South and came home on the E108 and finally the B103 again to the trailers.

200k total - tailight called it 6/10 due to the lumps and bumps - we passed 2 groomers and had sections of awesome smooth runnin. Most fo the E108 and smaller trails had their fair share of bumps and thumps, but nothing more then I've ever ridden before - I'd call it fairly normal. The amount of snow is amazing - I really hope if we get this warm spell it won't last long and won't take to much away from this area because it was damned nice to have so much smooth fluffy powder to run in.

I know I didn't last long after I got home before I was out like a light. These trails are mostly bush trails - the scenery is beautiful. I will deffiniatly run this loop again and again.

Every good ride starts at a Timmies doesn't it??

It snowed constant till about 2pm or so. This was while we were unloading and getting ready.

Met a couple groomers over the day

A few pics of how much snow there was

Making the turn to Gooderham

Starting to get dark - a shot of the gang

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Great pic's Dave glad you guy's had a gooder, to bad your wife didn't want to continue with us on Monday, we hit groomed trail 2 miles down the rd from were you guy's turned back, we did encounter some ungroomed stuff but no stutter bumps till we gat back on the rail line in Donald. We did slow the pace once in the bush, those studder bumps on the road side E108 section just don't seem as bad when you run em at a good speed. I bet she would of loved the scenery, well now you know the area to take her again come mid season.

That little chicken trail was also recomened to us to by the fella at the fuel stop, he said the same thing "ignore the signs there for ATV's in the off season" Did you guy's notice all the old PTB signs there, I guess at one time it was a maintained trail ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts