Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we drove up to Spruce Meadow Cabins on Sat morning and took the sleds up to Bald Mountain for the first ride. The new sled is awesome, we only put on 80 miles. I averaged 13 mpg on my gade and Pete got 15 mpg on his shorty. Not bad for screaming back and forth on the snow covered roads. Sled has some serious midrange, just crack the throttle and hang on. Hand warmers worked great never had them above 4 bars, outside temp was 6 F . Shocks were set up a little too stiff for me I couldn't get the thing to even bottom out but thats just an adjustment. Short windshield will be gone,was a little chilly at waist level at those temps. The mirrors are useless when mounted to the hood. The hand guards drove me crazy, they were flopping all day. I am going to really love this sled. The only problems I had was the dash bag fell off 2 miles down the road and I launch a ditch and the tunnel bag broke a clip and a mounting pin so that's going back.
[attachment=392489:IMG_1387.JPG]
[attachment=392491:IMG_1386.JPG]
[attachment=392493:IMG_1385.JPG]
[attachment=392487:IMG_1383.JPG]
[attachment=392486:IMG_1382.JPG]
[attachment=392485:IMG_1381.JPG]

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
How did she turn with the stock carbides?
I have the same sled[/b]
Mine is the one in chris's pic with me standing and i have stock carbides,but i am not studded either,and mine turned fine,but i have a set of rear springs that i had changed out to a heavier rate,and i feel it has put extra ski pressure on them,plus i have it set up to couple more and that will increase ski pressure,but it still ripped and ran over 100 mph on gps,so i am happy for now. PS chris nice pics,hey chris how did you guys make out at the dealer today when you dropped me off??

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is the one in chris's pic with me standing and i have stock carbides,but i am not studded either,and mine turned fine,but i have a set of rear springs that i had changed out to a heavier rate,and i feel it has put extra ski pressure on them,plus i have it set up to couple more and that will increase ski pressure,but it still ripped and ran over 100 mph on gps,so i am happy for now. PS chris nice pics,hey chris how did you guys make out at the dealer today when you dropped me off??[/b]
The service dept was not working only the sales. Paul asked about a 600 xp. We'll see what happens. They have an 800R x package in yellow for $11000 but he would kill himself with that.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Well i checked my oil level,and its like chris stated,only down about 1 qt. in 81 miles,so i can sleep much better now,i had a bad feeling about the oil usage,but maybe mine will be kind on oil. Also i checked my primary clutch to see if it had shifted out all the way,and even though i did not mark it,it is easy to see where it did ride,and it looks like for most of the time at agressive trail speeds it was like 1/2 inch down,but it also shows that it spent some time fully shifted out about 1/8 inch down from top,that is awsome if it really shifted out that far,than that is the reason it felt so strong on the upper part of the midrange and topend,even though it topped out at 101 on my gps it was still pulling hard,i just had to shut it down,but i did notice after some inspection tonight,that the ski shocks were clicked up to almost full compression,but when i started to click them down the left side one does not work properly,but the right hand one was fine,you could hear and feel each click lock in,not the same with l.h. side or the c-36 rear shock,that one is a bear to adjust,and i needed to use a 17mm socket to get it to move.and found it on or near high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts