Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the jackshaft grease zert? My fuse don't have one! I have only found 5 grease zerts on this sled. It is way easy to grease compared to my pro x. Hope the fusions dont have problems with lack of lube caused by not enough zerts!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I noticed the other day when checking over my new dragon that the air box has a sticker that says grease jackshaft bearing every 1000 miles, but when i checked for the fitting there is not one there. I was a faithful greaser on my edge. just wondering if anyone noticed the same missing fitting?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Meat Head@Oct 12 2005, 08:01 PM
What happened to the jackshaft grease zert? My fuse don't have one! I have only found 5 grease zerts on this sled. It is way easy to grease compared to my pro x. Hope the fusions dont have problems with lack of lube caused by not enough zerts!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925491
[/quote]
I didn't see your post and i just wrote the same thing. It is not on my dragon either. I wonder why the sticker on the air box says to grease it every 1000 miles? Hard to do without the fitting.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
sure there not talking about greasing the driveshaft bearing every 1000?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I seem to remember that my manual said to remove the secondary to get at the zerk for the jackshaft, but I haven't taken mine off to see if it is actually there (I just assumed it was there since I remember reading it).

Maybe you have to use a needle. I seem to remember one of my old Indys had to be greased with a needle (and it was a pain in the a$$).

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Originally posted by Dragon Man@Oct 13 2005, 11:05 AM
sorry man,  if you look earlier in the post i already stated that i missed the orignal post when i created mine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926674
[/quote]

I did see your post. I was simply implying that a few seconds spent looking at recent threads would have avoided that.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GOOOFER,
If you are going to be a smart ASSSS, At least know what the hell you are talking about!!! :frech32:
With the air box an sec clutch off there is no place to lube, not even for a needle grease fitting? The sticker on the sled does say grease the jackshaft bearing!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Originally posted by Meat Head@Oct 12 2005, 08:01 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925491
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure mine has one, When I went though the walk through at the dealer they pointed it out. My sled is at my cabin so I will check again tomorrow night!!!! I hope my memory is right!! :dunno:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by golfer@Oct 13 2005, 03:12 PM
I did see your post.  I was simply implying that a few seconds spent looking at recent threads would have avoided that.

:beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927294
[/quote]
I guess you never made a mistake. I didn't know a double post was that taboo that it calls for a smart comment. I will try harder next time to not mess up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.