Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Kingfield Sno-wanderers:

"Unless we get a ton of snow and cold temps all grooming in Kingfield is done. The in town trails and river crossing are all going to be shut down by Friday.Go north we’re down to gravel in spots no sense in wreaking groomers.Looks like rain Friday not good."

I'm headed out of Millinocket tomorrow AM and may have to trailer to get out of town. We're not coming back till Sun so getting back in is a factor in that decision. Looks like warm weather at the end of next week so I'm thinking that the county is all that's going to be left. Not really ready to let go yet but that's not my decision!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From Mexico:

"
Well folks due to the lack of snow, many muddy areas and the continued warm temps we have been having the trails are not the best and as of tomorrow they are closed for the season !!!!
Gates will be closed within a couple days.
We would like to thank the members and non members that have helped with trail maintenance this season as it is a great help !
We also would like to thank our supporting businesses.
And to our landowners, we would not be able to do what we do without your continued support
Thank you !!
It was a challenging season but a good one
Time to start the countdown to next season !
Trailmaster Chris"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hoping for one last weekend a week from Saturday in moosehead area, looks like it will likely still be ok that far north, caking for snow Friday at this point... it we’ll see...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Brownville is ceasing grooming on a couple of their trails as well. Definitely winding down. but I'm not ready to let go yet

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow up to mattyw's post above:

Good Morning Riders! The Brownville SC is no longer grooming the BPond trail due to the ice on the sharp corner & on the incline as the groomer cannot make it up the hill. We are also not grooming thru the beaver bog on the 111S and the section of the Lakeview Trail behind the Brownville Post Office to Stickney Hill Rd. Once the cold temps are back we will continue grooming the 110 to the Greenville turn & the 111 to the Al's Alley Turn. Let's hope we get our temps back and we get a couple more weekends! Respectfully submitted Trailmaster Cheri.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Jo-Mary:

Wednesday Update : We are receiving alot of questions on how our trail system is. We have had mild temps the last 2-3 days,some melting has gone on, waiting on cooler temps to maybe groom the system again,some new snow would be nice. I will have to say the trails are rideable with Spring Conditions. If you decide to ride,please use caution / there could be a wash out,bare spot, or a icy corner ! Use Extreme caution on crossing frozen bodies of water also ! Thanks......

·
Registered
189 Posts
Any thoughts on how the riding will be this weekend beginning Thursday out of Monson, Greenville, The Forks, etc? Conditions weren’t that bad last weekend but wondering how things held up after these past 3 days of above avg temps.

·
Registered
684 Posts
millinocket last weekend was great, but I feel it was barely hanging on, wouldnt take much to kill it, just no snow pack.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Any thoughts on how the riding will be this weekend beginning Thursday out of Monson, Greenville, The Forks, etc? Conditions weren’t that bad last weekend but wondering how things held up after these past 3 days of above avg temps.
The Forks is pretty much done. According to their trail report you have to get well out of town for any riding. All the dirt roads are opening up and muddy

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
FYI, I was told last weekend by someone on the Coburn system that the logging company has shut down the trail from Grand Falls into Eustis to start logging. So if you’re planning on heading that way you may not be able to get into Eustis from points East to get gas. I did not verify this but was told the trail is closed for the year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
One of the worst seasons I can remember, at least for the western mountain region of maine. I usually ride into mid April, not this year just not enough snow pack to weather the warm up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FYI, I was told last weekend by someone on the Coburn system that the logging company has shut down the trail from Grand Falls into Eustis to start logging. So if you’re planning on heading that way you may not be able to get into Eustis from points East to get gas. I did not verify this but was told the trail is closed for the year.
this is definitely accurate, they closed it right before my trip up last week and we were planning on hitting the falls. Oh well

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kinda funny, I posted last week about this here in ME forum. Over 300 views & zero comments. Sad to see what this site has become. Sure do miss all the good info that you used to get here. Very little use for FB, too many knuckleheads, very little useful info. On a brighter note it’s snowing in Rangeley right now!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kinda funny, I posted last week about this here in ME forum. Over 300 views & zero comments. Sad to see what this site has become. Sure do miss all the good info that you used to get here. Very little use for FB, too many knuckleheads, very little useful info. On a brighter note it’s snowing in Rangeley right now!
I find Maine Snowmobile Trail Updates and Northern Maine Snowmobiling groups on facebook to be very information heavy and BS light

1 - 20 of 43 Posts