Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well happy 4th of July to all you NY HCS! Now that the 4th is upon us it's about to get real. Time to count down to fall which I personally love as it gets me even more amped up for winter/snowmobiling, and of course it is also a count down to winter. To pass the time, why don't we share what our plans are for this year. Did you spring order a new sled? Are you planning on buy a new leftover in the fall or a current year sled off the dealership floor? Are you planning on up grading to a newer used sled. Or maybe you have upgrade plans for your current machine, or possibly just need to do seasonal maintenance to your current sled.
My wife and I both have Polaris 650 VR1 Matryx sleds on spring order. I also have the wife's 2005 Yamaha Rage that has 1900 miles on it, when we bought it from the original owner it had 850 miles on it and that was in 2013. So I'm debating on whether to sell it cheap for a quick sale or keep it around for just in case. Again have a happy 4th of July!

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
932 Posts
My countdown has been running since my last Quebec trip in mid March. I snowchecked two sleds this spring a 650 VR1 and a 850 VR1 I hope that supply venders don’t have any short comings and delay delivery. I also lost my trailer to a tornado in May but my insurance covered everything, should be picking up my new trailer late July-early August. Today I heard that Canada may not be opening their border until a vaccine is developed for this f ing China flu, I sure hope that’s not the case or there will be no 2021 season north of the border.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watching the news this morning I too saw that 81% of Canadian's want to keep the boarder closed. Can't say that I blame them. With things regressing across the country things aren't looking to good for our snowmobile season at this point. Hopefully things start going in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I sure hope the Canadian border opens. In low snow winters. a trip to Quebec always helped me justify the expense of the sleds, the trailer, the truck, etc. Maybe winter 2021, I will have to make a trip to Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine.

I can also envision Supreme Chancellor Cuomo cancelling opening the snowmobile trails because he can be like that.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I plan on buying a newer used Sled. Hopefully a low mileage Pro S Switchback or even another Rush.....Bummer about Canada for some of you guys but I will be content with NEK Vermont and Pittsburg NH for my longer weekend trips.
Until then its been a great boating season so far!

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Trail Ryder I too can see Andy saying no to trails. I personally wouldn't count on Canada this year and who knows what interstate travel rules will be in place. If we have snow on the ground and Cuomo won't allow trails to be built and open, I can really see people saying F it and go renegade riding like the old days.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
come on folks, the borders can ILLEGALLY be cross now ad if caught, what they give you a free ride back??
that's what we here in the USA do to those that enter from our southern border no?? LOL
heck we might even feed you a while and give you a nice place to stay too if things take longer than expected!

not much different than if you go to Canada and your truck and trailer and sled get stolen, only THEN you have to pay for your own ride back! rather than the Gov doing it for you!
HAHA
and I mean this jokingly! folkks, so no hate ot bash here, just trying to keep things light!

But yes 100% it sucks that things are what they are, I think it might come down to who wins the election in Nov! in the USA< , or many sure seem to think this way!

lets just hope things blow over and clear up before then!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts