Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BINGHAMTON NY
454 AM EST MON JAN 8 2007

NYZ009-018-036-037-082200-
NORTHERN ONEIDA-ONONDAGA-MADISON-SOUTHERN ONEIDA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BOONVILLE...SYRACUSE...ONEIDA...UTICA...
ROME
454 AM EST MON JAN 8 2007

...SIGNIFICANT LAKE EFFECT SNOW POSSIBLE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY
MORNING...

A COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE AREA TUESDAY AFTERNOON USHERING IN
THE SOME OF THE COLDEST AIR OF THE WINTER SEASON. LAKE EFFECT SNOW
IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP TUESDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY
MORNING BEFORE WEAKENING.

AT THIS TIME, CONDITIONS LOOK FAVORABLE FOR A WELL ORGANIZED LAKE
EFFECT EVENT WITH SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE. IF
CONDITIONS BECOME MORE CERTAIN A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WATCH WILL BE
ISSUED.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO ALL HAZARDS, THE VOICE OF YOUR
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE, FOR THE LATEST UPDATES, OR VISIT OUR
WEBSITE AT WEATHER.GOV

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
i will believe it when i see it.[/b]
:withstupid:

the last two "storms" they predicted didnt even cover my fucking lawn.... doesnt matter anyway, 6" of snow ontop of ZERO base and mud and temps back up into the 40's in 3 days means no riding... winters over and it never started......

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey, it's a start. everyone seems to be on the same page about weather changes. and western mass, enjoy the pats victory, you only have another week to your season.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well look at weather.com ..... http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...ayLink_business
fri 41
sat 38
sun 45

oh and the topper... "FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT" nice... 2" of rain possible...[/b]
wow, that's quite a contradiction, especially sunday. i've had more faith in noaa than any other forecasting. except for lake effect cause that's impossible to predict reliabily. sure hope noaa's right on this one.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
intellicast for old forge.

fri 41
sat 38
sun 45

accuweather for old forge

fri 37
sat 33
sun 40

this storm aint gonna do jack to help the trails if it even snows.... :(

MAYBE Feb will be the month we get some snow????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
. i've had more faith in noaa than any other forecasting. except for lake effect cause that's impossible to predict reliabily. sure hope noaa's right on this one.[/b]
i find that pretty funny!!!!! the last "storm" they predicted here they actually set off the emergency warning system on all the radio stations and called for 6-8" hazzardous travel conditons ETC.. we got ZIP ZERO NADA not even a dusting from it.... to be honest i dont think ANY of them have a clue as to whats really gonna happen till they see what its doing outside the window at that point in time!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i find that pretty funny!!!!! the last "storm" they predicted here they actually set off the emergency warning system on all the radio stations and called for 6-8" hazzardous travel conditons ETC.. we got ZIP ZERO NADA not even a dusting from it.... to be honest i dont think ANY of them have a clue as to whats really gonna happen till they see what its doing outside the window at that point in time!!!!!!!!![/b]
they all predicted big snow for the last storm(s) inititially but i saw noaa "pull back" before the storm came, and way before the others downsized it. but you're right in stating they all need to improve.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm Hoping they get 3' overnight and during the day. If they do I am planning on riding wed. Think positive and THINK BIG BIG SNOW!!!!!!!!![/b]
How would it make you feel coming in second place getting up to the Hill on wednesday morning....lol

I'm going to keep in tune with the NOAA radar to see how things look for wednesday morning. I may be up there ASAP to catch any kind of fresh snow before the crowd hits it. You know once any kind of traffic hits that snow on warm ground, it'll be mud before you know it. Chin up guys, I think we'll be getting into some nice winter weather next week. We just have to get through this week before that can happen.

Remember what it looked like

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
i will believe it when i see it.[/b]

...believe it . ALBERTA CLIPPER... making its 1st vist over 40 deg great lakes..= feet not inches.

BTW the Weather channel is just a little better than The farmers Almanac..which is off 85% in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
It is now a Lake Effect warning. Come on SNOW!

/O.UPG.KBUF.LE.A.0001.070109T0000Z- 070111T0000Z/ /O.NEW.KBUF.LE.W. 0001.070109T0000Z-070111T0000Z/ OSWEGO- JEFFERSON-LEWIS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OSWEGO...WATERTOWN...LOWVILLE 251 PM EST MON JAN 8 2007
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY.

LAKE EFFECT SNOW BANDS WILL ORGANIZE ON WESTERLY WINDS OVER NORTHERN OSWEGO... SOUTHERN JEFFERSON AND LEWIS COUNTIES THIS EVENING... THEN REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY AND STRENGTHEN OVERNIGHT. THE TUG HILL COULD SEE UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW BY MORNING.

TUESDAY MORNING THE BAND IS FORECAST TO DRIFT NORTH TOWARD WATERTOWN FOR A FEW HOURS...WHERE A QUICK 3 TO 5 INCHES COULD FALL...BEFORE HEADING BACK SOUTH DURING THE AFTERNOON AND SETTLING ACROSS OSWEGO COUNTY AFTER 7PM. THE BAND IS THEN FORECAST TO REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY ACROSS OSWEGO COUNTY TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. TOTAL ACCUMULATION OVER OSWEGO COUNTY DURING THAT TIMEFRAME COULD RANGE FROM ONE TO TWO FEET.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts