Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who grooms ITS 87 (from Old Cold Stream - Redbuck area to Demo Rd.) ??? It doesnt loo like anyone has touched it. Its kinda far from the Forks and Rockwood too really... just wondering, not bitching.... Sub Zero Hero maybe???

Overall everything looks good out there! rode a BIG loop from Border Riders accross the lake - over the overlook - to the "alpine trail" (which is nice by the way!!!) went to the 1/2 way point on Coburn. There's a damn gate up - didnt try to go past, thoug we heard later on people have been. Folks at the Forks told us there is just too much snow up there, but they may try and take the groomer up there soon. Form there ripped on down to the forks, had lunch at the Hawks Nest, then back via 87 past Enchanted and back to Jtown... All looks pretty good!

Over and out -

DewNut
RIP IT UP

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Who grooms ITS 87 (from Old Cold Stream - Redbuck area to Demo Rd.) ??? It doesnt loo like anyone has touched it. Its kinda far from the Forks and Rockwood too really... just wondering, not bitching.... Sub Zero Hero maybe???

Overall everything looks good out there! rode a BIG loop from Border Riders accross the lake - over the overlook - to the "alpine trail" (which is nice by the way!!!) went to the 1/2 way point on Coburn. There's a damn gate up - didnt try to go past, thoug we heard later on people have been. Folks at the Forks told us there is just too much snow up there, but they may try and take the groomer up there soon. Form there ripped on down to the forks, had lunch at the Hawks Nest, then back via 87 past Enchanted and back to Jtown... All looks pretty good!

Over and out -

DewNut
RIP IT UP[/b]

Still not groomed. Rode big loops north and south, and pretty much from where the Long Pond loop kicks into the Jackman trail system south was horrible. From the back of Red Buck up past Williams Mountain to the Demo bridge was very poor. Hasn't looked to be groomed in some time.

Just another reason why you should never go south from Jackman.

Rockwood was mint and Jackman did a super job on all their trails. Even at the end of the day all of Rockwoods and Jackman's trail were great.

Really great band last night at Schmoosies.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still not groomed. Rode big loops north and south, and pretty much from where the Long Pond loop kicks into the Jackman trail system south was horrible. From the back of Red Buck up past Williams Mountain to the Demo bridge was very poor. Hasn't looked to be groomed in some time.

Just another reason why you should never go south from Jackman.

Rockwood was mint and Jackman did a super job on all their trails. Even at the end of the day all of Rockwoods and Jackman's trail were great.

Really great band last night at Schmoosies.[/b]

Yeah the band was very good!

·
Registered
141 Posts
yo monty[/b]
What up Dew! Spent yesterday playing in a sand pit. Day trip to Lovell today was mint... Ripped up to North Lovell, then west to the NH/ME border and back down ITS 80 towards Freyburg. Nice snow, panned flat for a good part of it, and whoever maintains the trail, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

GO PATS.... LET'S MAKE IT 19 AND 0!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
There are a couple of HUGE washouts at the top of 87 just before it intersects 88. I believe that is the reason it hasn't been groomed up that way. Really needs to freeze up 1st. But i do agree they should get out there and do as much of 87 as they can. There is a road about 2 miles or so from 88, they could go to there and turn around. All in all the trails in w. forks were great. Just to balance the opinions here I went up 89 to J town yesterday noon and as soon as you got onto the J town trails 89 went to shit til you got to School rd. After that was ok. Did 87 to 89 up to Jackman across the lake and up the club trail, over to 88 and down to 87 back to w. forks. Nice ride all in all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rode this area Saturday and did a little checking this morning. 87 from 88 was bad saturday. The section between 88 and Capital Road has bad washouts, but no attempt from the club was made to repair/eliminate the problem, or even warn of the wash-outs. I think that's what got alot of people upset.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Rode this area Saturday and did a little checking this morning. 87 from 88 was bad saturday. The section between 88 and Capital Road has bad washouts, but no attempt from the club was made to repair/eliminate the problem, or even warn of the wash-outs. I think that's what got alot of people upset.[/b]
I agree. Those washouts were there a couple of weeks ago, no where near as bad but they were there. Hopefully the cold will set em up and they can be filled in. We'll see.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heres the hole in question. My buddy comin out of it on his T660

[attachment=418188:Jeff_006.JPG][/b]

Yeah... pretrty bad one with a HUGE rock right in the middle...

Just makin sure all know, I wasn't bitchin, more just wondering... seems like a major ITS would be 1st on the list.

Other than that, I was AMAZED to see all the signage and fricken excellent work those guys have been doing out there!!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What up Dew! Spent yesterday playing in a sand pit. Day trip to Lovell today was mint... Ripped up to North Lovell, then west to the NH/ME border and back down ITS 80 towards Freyburg. Nice snow, panned flat for a good part of it, and whoever maintains the trail, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

GO PATS.... LET'S MAKE IT 19 AND 0!!!!!!!!![/b]
Haha - looks like I forgot to logoff and someone at RIU posted on my behalf!!! :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yeah... pretrty bad one with a HUGE rock right in the middle...

Just makin sure all know, I wasn't bitchin, more just wondering... seems like a major ITS would be 1st on the list.

Other than that, I was AMAZED to see all the signage and fricken excellent work those guys have been doing out there!!!![/b]
When I went thru it yesterday I looked at it wondering why nothing has been done. I really dont think they could get there drag over it without damage. Would be lots of work if it isnt frozen up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Forks Area Recreation Club is responsible for this trail. It is being addressed.
Sorry, forgot to mention that earlier.

·
Registered
685 Posts
yes everyone it is our club that has not gone through with a groomer. we will repair it in the am waiting for the water to freeze and thing shouls be great and yes signs should been put up to warn of the water f the holes dont freeze by the weekend we will find a small trail through the woods to go around the water. i will repost after we go up ther in the am on wed.

AGAIN SORRY TO ALL SZH F.A.R CLUB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts