Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This the way I see it boys. If the snow comes late then maybe it will stay late. I've given up pissin and moanin about the weather, it's tiring. I have 2 sleds on the trailer and 2 in the garage pointing out. I'm ready!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I'll tell you what coming - SPRING!!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
:beer: seriously boys - I'm bout ready to F'n lose it. :furious:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
:beer: seriously boys - I'm bout ready to F'n lose it. :furious:[/b]
Yup, me too. I just called up to Parry Sound, to my friends on Lorimer Lake and Harris Lk, out hwy 124. They have about 2" of ice. NO SNOW. NO COLD. and they are just as pissed as we are.

I may go this weekend, for further clutching on Harmony's sled on the grass..... :banghead:

This weather is making me cranky at work...I sit very quietly......

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
This weather is making me cranky at work...I sit very quietly......[/b]
I don't go back to work until Tuesday and I'm sure I will snap on the first person that says to me this weather is great. 3 bloody weeks holiday and couldn't even go for a ride! :( Not even on Skidoobegone! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
We are soooooo far behind even from last year and last year was a shitty year. This one is going to beat it without question! I mean hell, at least we had ice last year and the lakes were froze over before it got mild and melted the snow. Nutter has some pics from Scugog on Dec 17th (or something close) last year.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence regarding renewing my sled insurance. Last years season was 6 weeks long. I couldn't get our much and only rode ~400 miles. This winter is shaping sadder than last. I may just take a pass this time. Too bad I already stuck on the new permit.
LOL, Anyone need a green ZR hood, fresh new OFSC permit included.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
This blows. I am going to my cottage in Port Severn for New Years, that is on an island! I called the Marina up there and they said the Trent is wide open. I am pulling my boat out of storage today and going to go up tomorrow! I was hoping to go up for New Years with my sled, not my boat.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I'm sitting on the fence regarding renewing my sled insurance. Last years season was 6 weeks long. I couldn't get our much and only rode ~400 miles. This winter is shaping sadder than last. I may just take a pass this time. Too bad I already stuck on the new permit.
LOL, Anyone need a green ZR hood, fresh new OFSC permit included.[/b]
I only have one permit, it's on her sled. I am waiting to buy mine...I dont care if it costs $50 more if I ever get it....as it could just be a winter of lake running.

·
Registered
792 Posts
This blows. I am going to my cottage in Port Severn for New Years, that is on an island! I called the Marina up there and they said the Trent is wide open. I am pulling my boat out of storage today and going to go up tomorrow! I was hoping to go up for New Years with my sled, not my boat.[/b]
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Hiya Scotty,
I was in Port Severn yesterday (7 minutes away from home) and you're right....NO SNOW :banghead:
Happy boating friend - lakes are wide open :div20:
Just so you know. We're supposed to get 'some' snow today/tonight, tomorrow (less than an inch on both days) and freezing rain on Monday.
Just curious, are you with the Baxter Snow Riders?</span>

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
We are soooooo far behind even from last year and last year was a shitty year. This one is going to beat it without question! I mean hell, at least we had ice last year and the lakes were froze over before it got mild and melted the snow. Nutter has some pics from Scugog on Dec 17th (or something close) last year.[/b]
H2L, do you keep a weather journal? I do, heres how this year compares to last. Last year my lake froze over on Dec 10th, I ran the lake on the 17th with 4" of ice. We could not run anywhere other than roads because there was zero frost in the ground and swamps and creeks were flowing. At Christmas we lost all our snow by new years and sledding was done for 2 weeks. We finally staked the trails on Muldrew Lks on Jan 21st still with marginal conditions.
This year weve already had a few days of road running. The lakes have froze and opened twice. This morning the lake had 2" of ice and the next few nights are -5 to -10. By Tuesday there should be 4" of ice on our lake. The big differance this year is we have a good frozen ground. If we could get a couple of days of lake effect snow next week we would be setting up for a great year. Also this weekend would be a great weekend to get out and help brush some trails rather than sulk. :beerchug:

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
H2L, do you keep a weather journal? I do, heres how this year compares to last. Last year my lake froze over on Dec 10th, I ran the lake on the 17th with 4" of ice. We could not run anywhere other than roads because there was zero frost in the ground and swamps and creeks were flowing. At Christmas we lost all our snow by new years and sledding was done for 2 weeks. We finally staked the trails on Muldrew Lks on Jan 21st still with marginal conditions.
This year weve already had a few days of road running. The lakes have froze and opened twice. This morning the lake had 2" of ice and the next few nights are -5 to -10. By Tuesday there should be 4" of ice on our lake. The big differance this year is we have a good frozen ground. If we could get a couple of days of lake effect snow next week we would be setting up for a great year. Also this weekend would be a great weekend to get out and help brush some trails rather than sulk. :beerchug:[/b]
I hear ya Diesel.

My first weekend north last year was the last weekend in Jan. The swamps still were not frozen, but the conditions were decent. If I'm out riding by the end of the month, I'll be happy. We ended up having decent conditions all the way through Feb and into the first part of March.

I'd love the season to be longer, but nothing beats sledding!

I'm not going to like it, but I'll wait patiently. No sense bitching.

:banana:

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
This year weve already had a few days of road running. The lakes have froze and opened twice. This morning the lake had 2" of ice and the next few nights are -5 to -10. By Tuesday there should be 4" of ice on our lake. The big differance this year is we have a good frozen ground. If we could get a couple of days of lake effect snow next week we would be setting up for a great year. Also this weekend would be a great weekend to get out and help brush some trails rather than sulk. :beerchug:[/b]

Thanks Glen I needed to hear something positive ................. I to was becoming a "Negitive Nelly" :beer2:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
04 was a great year... which is rarely ever followed up by another "great" year.

but last year was pretty crap, still started off better, but we got so much rain then deep freeze that there was little snow pack, but a really hard base that lasted right to April.

big difference is I was on the lakes and trails at my place this time last year and the sledding was pretty good... another big difference is there NO sledding in all of eastern north america... you can usually ride in the near north and the ski hills in vermont, new york and ontario are open with lots of snow... not true this year.

it will come though...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.