Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
38 this weekend. Unable to ride from our cabin starting two weekends ago due to melt on the roads and havent gotten anything other than 2 inches yesterday. Need another burst of cold air and 6 inches of snow. From this point on we are on borrowed time. Last year we road the first two weekends of March.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
38 this weekend. Unable to ride from our cabin starting two weekends ago due to melt on the roads and havent gotten anything other than 2 inches yesterday. Need another burst of cold air and 6 inches of snow. From this point on we are on borrowed time. Last year we road the first two weekends of March.
Just get over the fact that you will need another set of carbides and go riding. The trails are still really good.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not just carbides. I treat my machines well. I quit when the roads melt back and the trails get hard. I know others will be riding. I'll just be ice fishing instead.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Glass is half full or half empty ? :)

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Yup.
The skidoo wire ice scratchers have extended my seasons too. Those flat rock hard trails in the morning/night are no match for them. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Glass is half full or half empty ? :)
Half full if the gills are biting this weekend!! Truth be told the main reason Im not riding this weekend is my wife crashed her sled last weekend in Iron River.
Waiting for parts. :( The bad part is this is our last weekend to ride together anyways. Puppy arrives 2/28 so no more adventures for a while though I may sneak out if we get hammered in March/April.

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,227 Posts
Just need to get past this weekend. Temps look cool in the extended forecast.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Holy crap, doomsday prediction.

Minnindy, you sure must not need much of an excuse to put the sled away. I just got back from a three day ride that we put up 500 plus miles on. I can count the number of icy/bad/bare/bumpy spots on less than one hand. It sounds like you have more excuses NOT to ride.

GO RIDE !

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not being a doomsayer but reality is reality. The 15 day forecast for Minneapolis is only three days below 32 for a high and that is just below 32. 12 sunny days of near 40 or above will make some drastic changes to the trails in the lower two thirds of the state.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy crap, doomsday prediction.

Minnindy, you sure must not need much of an excuse to put the sled away. I just got back from a three day ride that we put up 500 plus miles on. I can count the number of icy/bad/bare/bumpy spots on less than one hand. It sounds like you have more excuses NOT to ride.

GO RIDE !
I know my limitations as Im sure you know yours.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, problem is no snow forecasted. I have a feeling trails will close to preserve the bases here, but then without snow they'll just stay closed.
Exactly. High temps will bring bare spots and slushy snow during the day that will freeze hard at night. The groomers can only do so much busting up and pushing around the same frozen hard packed snow. We will need a good snow cover again. I like riding as much as the next but not on dirt, rocks, and ice. That is what I have a four wheeler for. I also have golf clubs, and 3D archery is starting up and also trap league will get going. No lack of things to do. Come what may!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
good local riding here Friday and yesterday, harder in the morning, soft in the afternoon. road run sections are going to get annihilated with the sun/temps. going to need some cooler temps and a little more snow to keep trails usable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts