Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody hear what ISR plans on doing with the F7 for the comming up grass season? Just curious if ISR is going to make the F7 add weight to run in the 700 Stock Single pipe class, or make it jump classes. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BM
[email protected]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Why on earth would they do any of these things and what would their basis be? It is what it is, a single pipe 700. Dominant in it's class and the others need to play catch up not give the F7 a disadvantage. I can promise you neither of these things will happen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can you "promise" that ISR won't add weight to it or make it jump up a class? Do you know what ISR is planning? That has been the talk, that ISR is going to make the F7 add weight. Their reaso, even though it is a stock 700 single piped sled, with the HP and the weight combined, it is running times that would give the 700 Improved all they want, and everything under that is no contest. ISR is looking at making the racing fair, which means doing something with the F7. Right now, the F7 is running in the single piped class because it was a late release from AC. ISR's rule meeting is in March, and thats when all the decisions are made. The F7 is in a "honeymoon" period at the moment.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think this "talk" is ridiculous. The classes are based on displacement except for the four stroke. There has never been any 2 stroke exceptions to my knowledge. To penalize Cat for building a faster sled is ludicrious. It can also run with stock 900's in 500ft, so should it be bumped up into that class? This happens all the time, lots of 500's can run with 600's and 600's can run with 700's but they can't start changing classes around based on this. If it is so dominant in the 700 class than too bad for everyone else, I guess they should get with the program and all buy F7's so they canl compete. This is not bracket racing or NASCAR for christ's sakes. Kudo's to Cat for buliding a quick 700 sled. I did not see the ISR rushing to penalize another 600 when Cat's was getting blown out of the water at the drags.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Penalizing CAT for building a SUPERIOR PRODUCT is ridiculous. Why would you do that. It would make other manufacturers not come out with new technology. REASON TO SIT AROUND & DRINK BEER

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Brassmonkey, I would hope they don't do this and I can't see how they can. Its not Cats fault they built a superior HP/weight ratio sled. My 01 ZR 800 had to weigh 720 with me on it going over the scales. The Doos were at least 30 lbs less and Polaris's were also much lighter. Was it fair then. Yes. And it should be fair now. Keep it the maunfacturers weight plus 180Lbs for studs, rider and fuel. This helps to keep the manufacturers' builder lighter, faster, and better sleds. I don't remember ISR making Polaris add weight or jump a class the last few years when they were dominating the 600S class. Hats off to Cat, I plan on putting mine in both of the 700 and 800 classes. Let the fur fly from there. :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
Look at the weight of the Rev 800 ,light as a F7 so I guess it will have to run against 900 cat s ya ,right, sure not in a cats ass . Give them hell Thumper

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not denying anything you guys are saying. Yes, ISR has a displacement rule. THe entire system is based on cc's, not power to weight ratio. I hope nothing changes and they leave it as is, but the rumors I've heard from techs is that ISR is planning on adding weight because it is 3 steps above everyone else, not just 1 step up. I'm not trying to get in a big fight over this, don't get me wrong, I am just curious as to what will really happen. It wouldn't suprise me to see them add weight. Look at the RX-1. If they held true to other sanctions (dirt bikes) it would have run in the 500 class. It probablly should have, because it is not competitive in the 700 Multi class, but the F7's are funning 5.4's, that is a good 700 improved time, and give Pro 700's all they want. I guess we'll know more in March.

Brian Michaels

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Good, that will mean everybody should by a Cat. I have I guy who I race with that is a diehard Cat guy and still trail rides one, but bought a Poo 600 because he like to race in that class. Is that fair that they had almost a tenth and a half on that whole class? That would go along with their stupid rule of longtracks in the Imp. classes. Can't extend the rails, must come from the factory as a long track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts