Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Get it at Nemco (don't know address) for a case of 12, 350ml bottles it's $15.00 + taxes. still less than $20. They also have injector oil at $56.00 for four ltrs. there oil is Shell. :beerchug:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Imperial Soap on Ingster, can get it by the gallon, around 18.00, if they dont have, a veterinarian should have it by the gallon for same kinda price.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Be careful with the purity of the stuff you're getting from animal clinics/autobody shops. You can get it through Anachemia Science or Fisher Scientific. Lab grade is 98 or 99% certified. Lower grades could be 5-10% water and other crap. Although I'm not sure if it would really matter...

·
Registered
26 Posts
can i just use gas line antifreeze, with the isopropyl in it?[/b]
Bad idea.
Regular gas line antifreeze has methyl hydrate which doesn't act in the way isopropyl does. Doesn't mix with the gas mixture the same way, hence when it starts to get burned you're burning pure methyl hydrate, with no oil for lubrication. Does bad things to a two stroke.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Bad idea.
Regular gas line antifreeze has methyl hydrate which doesn't act in the way isopropyl does. Doesn't mix with the gas mixture the same way, hence when it starts to get burned you're burning pure methyl hydrate, with no oil for lubrication. Does bad things to a two stroke.[/b]
?? I think he means that he wants to buy the gasline antifreeze that is isopropyl based instead of methyl hydrate based. He should have no problems doing that. It says right on the bottle whether it has methyl hydrate or isopropyl on it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not sure if it would matter! Dave has volunteered to see what will happen if you put "water and other crap" through the fuel system on a sled. Report back with your finidngs Dave, LOL

Be careful with the purity of the stuff you're getting from animal clinics/autobody shops. You can get it through Anachemia Science or Fisher Scientific. Lab grade is 98 or 99% certified. Lower grades could be 5-10% water and other crap. Although I'm not sure if it would really matter...[/b]

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Not sure if it would matter! Dave has volunteered to see what will happen if you put "water and other crap" through the fuel system on a sled. Report back with your finidngs Dave, LOL[/b]
Ha, I only run the good stuff!
Seriously, if you think about it - if there's water in the isopropyl (also called isopropanol or 2-propanol), say 25%, and you're adding 200 ml per tank, that would be 50 ml of water per tank, plus what ever amount of water is already in your fuel. Doing some research on the topic, isopropanol does not remove the water from gas, is becomes soluble in the isopropanol, allowing your engine to burn it. If the concentration of water becomes higher, I'm not sure how high it can get before insoluble water forms (which cannot be burned by the engine). Any chemists out there?

·
Registered
968 Posts
the stuff I get at the vet is 99% pure, I dont think I would trust 70%.
but you guys should check out Imperial Soap, located on ingster blvd in Winnipeg, they have gallon jugs for $18.00 ish

·
Registered
31 Posts
I picked up a 24 at Nemco last year in the small bottles... 150ml?

It was cheaper than buying it by the gallon at Oil Mart. Don't care for the 350 ml bottles once they've been resealed as they've come open and leaked all over my shit!

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts