Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic says it all.

Last year sucked, but at least I got in a early Tug Hill ride and 3 Quebec trips (even Quebec is not riding right now).

It sure sucks having a turbo Yamaha sitting under a cover doing nothing....what a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Its so bad that last weekend 4th lake had AT LEAST 6 SEA-DOOS ON IT .ON THE WSYR9 NEWS (SYRACUSE) LAST NIGHT, A REPORT CAME IN THAT A HOUSEPAINTER WAS STUNG BY A BEE YESTERDAY!Word has it there might be a BIKE NIGHT in Utica at the ice cream drive in this weekend.And they keep saying that cold air is coming.Buy the time the lakes freeze winter will be over if they freeze at all.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
And we all thought it couldn't get any worse than last year.........
Well, mother "bitch" nature sure proved us wrong !!!! Like already said, atleast last yr, you could travel somewhere to find some snow.....unless you're near Denver, north-western border states, or WAY up north in Canada......you're not riding anytime soon.....not even cold for lake to start to freeze and/or stay froze......keep the faith, we gotta get something.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, in 1991 we could not ride anywhere in Quebec until January 12th. Saint-Zenon was the first to have snow that year, I remember a local telling me that the reason they had snow while nobody else did is because Saint-Zenon is the highest village (in altitude) in Quebec. However it is not the highest point of altitude in the province....just the highest village, so said the local. This is a bad year, it happens sometimes. Once in the late 70's, Mid winter, I remember my father telling me we could not go snowmobiling in Old Forge because there was no snow. Keep your chin up.......its coming, there is a lot of time left.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This type of weather is why a lot of riders gave up and left the sport in the 80's. Much of the 80's in NY was just like this. Weather forcasters are saying 2007 may be the warmest year in modern history with 1998 being the warmest year in recorded history.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
1980/81 Winter we had 0 snow south of Utica and rode on a whooping 6 inches in Old Forge. I purchased a new leftover 81 model the next fall,put 1600 miles on that winter and never left Delaware county. These things happen guys. You should be a dealer ,we are all wondering how this is going to turn out for us and the OEM' s. I'll say this ,I've sold POLARIS since 1985 and know a lot of older dealerships throughout NY ,none us have ever seen this before and we all talk to each other,reguardless of brand. :i_need_snow: :mother_nature: :unfb:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
local weather guy said last time we didnt have at least a 1/2" of snow by x-mass
was 1890- something
in alb ny

this is as mild as iv ever seen it in my 40mumble mumble years of living

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
1980/81 Winter we had 0 snow south of Utica and rode on a whooping 6 inches in Old Forge. I purchased a new leftover 81 model the next fall,put 1600 miles on that winter and never left Delaware county. These things happen guys. You should be a dealer ,we are all wondering how this is going to turn out for us and the OEM' s. I'll say this ,I've sold POLARIS since 1985 and know a lot of older dealerships throughout NY ,none us have ever seen this before and we all talk to each other,reguardless of brand. :i_need_snow: :mother_nature: :unfb:[/b]

79-80 // 1980 WINTER (no snow) OLYMPICS WERE AT SARANAC LAKE... Very cold.. frost line was up high, all pipes were breaking underground,,etc,Only snow was at snodeo weekend. Bought 3 NEW sleds (2 SRXs, 1 500 cc lc AC ElTigre)...NO snow till the weekend AFTER the Olympics ended. We rode till March.

89-90// Very slow start ..warm. rain...the the lake effect snow machine woke up in FEB 1st week. We had Wings at The RED DOG on StPatty's day, Traile rode / Iced raced on all the lakes till 1st week in APRIL! THAT was the year we called the endless winter.

But ... a sled did not cost 10g then too.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I live in Northern Ontario (WAWA) and I friends who have been here for 20-30 years. They have NEVER seen Wawa lake still open on January 7th. There is still no snow here at all. I am so pissed that I spent $180 on a stupid trail permit, that could have bought alot of beer. The groomers won't even be running this year. They need at least 2 feet of snow to groom. I hope all the suckers who bought one get a discount on next years permit, I doubt it but maybe.. This winter sucks.. Good thing I put a longtrack kit on my ZRT.. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts