Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Has the UP ever been bare this late into the season? :dunno: They might not have rideable snow for 2-3 more weeks, according to 15 day forecasts. :dohdoh:[/b]
I would not say it's the worst start yet. 4 years ago, we went to Paradise in the middle of January. No snow from 28 on down, and it had just become rideable in the north a couple of days before. Probably about 15 years ago, we actually rode to Mackinaw Island on New Years Eve from St Ignace via the marked ice bridge.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ya this does not look that good. i have always counted on the up for snow.this time of the season i would go to the up the lower did not have much,or any snow.but there is no snow hardly anywhere. i hope the weather some how changes and changes soon. i can't take anymore of this.

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you look at the historical weather page on John Dee's site this winter is not as thin as several others. It's not good but no need to panic yet. It's still December and it will get better soon :snowfall:

·
Registered
344 Posts
well alot of people do not ride till jan. anyway. but people have time off this week and if ya can't go anywhere to ride that sucks. i am going extra crazy do to the new sled i got. having a new toy for the last 2 months and not being able to ride it or use it. not good. i am no better than a 5 year old when it comes to that. :passifier:

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Atleast you got 700 miles in already :banghead:[/b]
I have 500 - pretty happy, actually. What sucks is that I'd have almost double that, but had 2 days of downtime due to {cough} 2 broken sleds. Luckily, both broke within 2 miles of the house :)

Being down this week SuCKS, but face it - this week sucks for the trails. We'll get our riding in........

G

·
I have 500 - pretty happy, actually. What sucks is that I'd have almost double that, but had 2 days of downtime due to {cough} 2 broken sleds. Luckily, both broke within 2 miles of the house :)

Being down this week SuCKS, but face it - this week sucks for the trails. We'll get our riding in........[/b]
Down time, should have been on a Yamaha :smilielol:

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Down time, should have been on a Yamaha :smilielol:[/b]

I hear they're TREE MAGNETS :wut60:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I took the snowfall totals from John Dee's site and put them on a spread sheet and as you can see decent December snowfall totals seem to be followed the next year by decent January totals; at least over the last 5 years or so. Since December of last year was on a upswing and is down this year hopefully we can look forward to goo January. :fluffy:

FYI you'll have to click the graph to see it clearly.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Last year was kind of crappy off and on. I remember going to the first weekend of tip up town thinking all I'm going to do is use my slead for watching the ovals n such out on the ice. But that night we got dumped on! For the next 3 weekends snow was pretty good. There was enough snow that night to ride pretty much anywhere you wanted. It was great. just trying to look on the bright side of things.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I talked to my Grandpa the other day. And the weather came up (he is 81 years old).

Back in 1970 he bought (2) Brand new Sno Pony sleds in Traverse City after having a big giant Merc for a couple years.

The next year he went up for the Christmas break. Got to ride one day, a trip to Crystal Mountain in Thompsonville. Coming back it started raining so hard the snow was gone by the time he got back to the cabin. Good thing for boggie wheels.

He said he could have bought a Chalet at Crystal for $10,000 back then because they were hurting so bad due to lack of snow & cold (prior to snow cannons). WOW! If he had that to sell now.

So he got out of sledding in 1972. He was to frustrated by the lack of dependable snow year in & year out.

Well, here it is 34 years later...same crap. :dunno:

Global Warming or Seasonal cycling?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts