Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could i expect the same engin problems the guys with F7 are having
or am i safer on my F5 ? :huh:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
You are safer...I have 900+miles and not a problem except I have to tighten the suspension bolts before every ride..but once the updates are done not a problem.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had my dealer do the burping on my F5, he said no air came out of it. I went to a race and did 10-15 minutes of constant full throttle and it didn't seize at all...

·
Registered
308 Posts
The F5 im running didn't seize up yet either!! but i only got 50 miles on the dang thing and she is quite quick! :wacko:

·
Registered
340 Posts
My F5 is in the shop right now- got 190 miles on it. The first 189 miles were great- the last one sucked! The sled wont go over 40 mph and rpms barely get over 6000. I changed plugs which were very oily and checked the Power Valve and servo operation. I unhooked the PV cables from the servo and pulled on them and could feel the valves move and then snap back so I know they are not stuck. I ran the sled on a stand and watched the servo -it only moved a couple of times but could be because it wouldnt rev over 6000 rpm's. Possibly running on one cylinder but I gave up and took it to a dealer. Why should I waste my time trying to fix this peice of %*&#!

I've still got my '01 MXZ so I still have something to ride and it never lets me down.

I'm starting to think this sled is earning it's nickname- Firecrap!! :angry:

I'll let you know what they find.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by redfirecat03@Dec 31 2002, 08:42 AM
My F5 is in the shop right now- got 190 miles on it. The first 189 miles were great- the last one sucked! The sled wont go over 40 mph and rpms barely get over 6000. I changed plugs which were very oily and checked the Power Valve and servo operation. I unhooked the PV cables from the servo and pulled on them and could feel the valves move and then snap back so I know they are not stuck. I ran the sled on a stand and watched the servo -it only moved a couple of times but could be because it wouldnt rev over 6000 rpm's. Possibly running on one cylinder but I gave up and took it to a dealer. Why should I waste my time trying to fix this peice of %*&#!

I've still got my '01 MXZ so I still have something to ride and it never lets me down.

I'm starting to think this sled is earning it's nickname- Firecrap!! :angry:

I'll let you know what they find.
Sounds like the choke is stuck in closed !? :blink:

·
Registered
960 Posts
mines well and barking with only 129 miles under her belt :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts