Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
114 belt is crazy expensive is all i gots to say!!!! how about the xps belt or one of those kind, is there a exact match replacement?

·
Registered
581 Posts
whats the difference between these two belts according to the polaris fiches these are for the 05-06 IQr P/N 3211104 and P/N3211114 are for the 07IQr440 and 08IQr600 also the 600RR. would a 3211104 fit on a 07IQr? did the CC iving change between the years?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 104 and the 114 belts are the same length just different compounds. i have ran the 104's but was looking to upgrade to 114 or equivalent aftermarket for deep powder riding out west.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just sent a email off to the boys at carlisle, ill post there response on what part numbers are applicable belts that work. 85 bucks for a xs belts sounds way better to me if they hold up as good or better. i think poo is doing the name brand price gouging thing to us all. my dealer friend said lots of people that come in there will not put anything in there sled unless it says poo on it, IE oil, belts, skis, track, anything. so i thinks thats whats driving poo's price gouging. was told by him dealer price on the 114 just went up to almost what retail used to be.
he said the norm from poo is to jack prices up at or around the first of every year. so stock up in december on everything wear out to save a buck. i should have bought 2 a month ago and resold them for the price of 3 now. what a joke... ok anough ranting on poos prices im done.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mitsuboshi has a belt that works real good.[/b]
can you elaberate on this? part numbers or something. isnt that the manufacturer thats making the expensive belts for poo?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Aftermarket belts often don't have the exact taper that the OEM belt has. You can use them, but will need to have your clutch faces machined in order to obtain maximum performance and belt life. That's a reason why us racers use the OEM belt. Not permitted to machine clutch surfaces in the stock class.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dont have part number handy but yamaha uses the mitsuboshi on a few of their sleds.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is the reply i got from carlisle
"Jason,
I'm afraid we don't have a belt for those applications. Our bosses looked at how many of those sleds were made and decided not to produce any belts for those. Our old catalog shows the 147-4524U3 for the 2006 model, but that belt should be too wide and too long for that application.

Sorry we couldn't be more helpful.

Regards,

Jack"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anybody tried those Ultimax belts?
The poo 3211104 belts have not impressed me yet.
Anybody try the 3211114 belt?
I am in BC and only do powder riding. Would like to find a good belt that works well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts