Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be a Rush offered in 2021? My local dealer (who I bought a Rush XCR from back in 2018) shows 31 2020 Polaris sleds in stock but no Rush models and only two Switchback 137's. They have no leftover Rush models either.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
sales numbers will dictate that. the writing is on the wall. two dealers here said they didn't order any for the floor and one was snow checked. at one of these. so that will pretty much tell the tale. i bet there done at this point?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Was just in at the local dealership and they told me Polaris was phasing out the rush style sleds and going to be focusing back on the suspension in tunnel style sleds. I love my Pro-x SB so I was a little disappointed to hear that.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think the Rush Axys is amazing, unlike anything I've ever ridden. Made my XS Ski-Doo boring. The Rush stays flat, rides great and feels like a dirt bike at times. Power of the 800HO also unlike anything I have been on. Spins like a 600 with way more snap.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Funny thing is when I try to explain to a non Rush rider why I like this sled so much. Words like "feels like a dirt bike" or "is just so much freakin fun" fall on deaf ears of those that have never ridden one or can't get past the looks of the rear suspension. Also conventional tunnel makes it a bunch easier to make top end MPH plus is way more friendly for strapping on bags. I do however thing Polaris missed the mark by not making a 128/129 Rush, best combo of the shorty n Switchback me thinks but with manu's n media pushing 136+++ as being the norm for trails, suspect the shorty will soon be extinct..........hope not though.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'd step into a 129 version for sure. Heck I'd still like to jump off mine and onto a 129 XC to see how different it is. My most modern experience on a conventional tunnel machine is our old XLT :blink:

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,457 Posts
I hope they keep it. I think it's a fabulous chassis. I don't think I'd ever buy a shorty though. The 136 is a good combo for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just traded my 18 XCR Switch in for the 20 XCR 129. I am going by what the forums and internet (limited) reviews say and rolling the dice. I have to say that my 18 XCR was hands down the best handling and bump sled I have ever owned (I have owned A lot of sleds). I sure hope the XC XCR is as good. I was going to wait until spring to see real world but from what my dealer said, He thought the Pro XC would be gone for sure in the Rush and maybe another season with the Switchback. I wanted to get max money out of the 18 so I figured now is the time. Again I hope I made the correct move. The XCR Switch was (is) fantastic so the new XC version has some big Skis to fill!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i'll just have to baby mine and make sure she's kept up to parr, i love that sled.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Based on the local numbers I don't see how it can continue. But hopefully Polaris will announce the end, as in allow spring orders one last time.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I wouldn’t doubt the shorty going away. I hope the switch hangs on a lil longer. I went to the Indy 129 and now will be getting xcr129. I loved my 137 prox sleds . Which made me sick when they stopped the prox

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,248 Posts
If you are exclusively a trail rider, the Axys Rush or Switchback are hard to beat for comfort and capability.

I guess I don't understand why people don't like the looks of them, who cares with the way it performs on the trail. And quite honestly, does just fine off trail, if you aren't trying to be the first through a powder covered swamp.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you are exclusively a trail rider, the Axys Rush or Switchback are hard to beat for comfort and capability.

I guess I don't understand why people don't like the looks of them, who cares with the way it performs on the trail. And quite honestly, does just fine off trail, if you aren't trying to be the first through a powder covered swamp.
it was actually the look of them that caught my attention first, when my hubby and i were going to dealers looking for his new assault at the time. i actually like the looks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hope not. No other trail sled rides, handles, or as fun as the pro-xc shortys.

I'm hopping an all new Pro-xc style chassis is released this year or next. The Axys is 5 years old now, hopefully the indy was just a placeholder and help quite down the "I don't like the looks" crowd. From all the reports, the indy doesn't perform on the trail like the Pro-xc, except for maybe top end. What they need is a refined pro-xc chassis that has a traditional style tunnel on the back too. Then polaris can get back to making the best handling most fun sleds out there, instead of going backwards in tech to appease looks oriented buyers.

And the abandonment of the 120/121 sleds in the industry is disappointing too. Yea your mountain sleds look cool, but the shorty is king on the trail. The lazy cruisers can have their 137s. Keep the shorty trail weapons polaris.

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,592 Posts
If people would get over the looks, and ride the sled for themselves they'd realize just how good the "Rush" chassis is. The refinements over the years, and going from the original Rush to the AXYS models in 2015+ were incredible. I think Polaris had their hands tied, given all the feedback and the "If Polaris would just build a conventional tunnel sled again with the AXYS front end I would buy one in a heartbeat!"

Well, that proved to hold true given last year's sales numbers and the success of the Indy XC launch.

But it's true that where it lacked was ultimately storage options - that was my main reason for going away from it in 2018 when I purchased my Assault. Had I not needed the storage capability, I would have been on a Switchback XCR.

·
Administrator
24,528 Posts
If people would get over the looks, and ride the sled for themselves they'd realize just how good the "Rush" chassis is. The refinements over the years, and going from the original Rush to the AXYS models in 2015+ were incredible. I think Polaris had their hands tied, given all the feedback and the "If Polaris would just build a conventional tunnel sled again with the AXYS front end I would buy one in a heartbeat!"

Well, that proved to hold true given last year's sales numbers and the success of the Indy XC launch.

But it's true that where it lacked was ultimately storage options - that was my main reason for going away from it in 2018 when I purchased my Assault. Had I not needed the storage capability, I would have been on a Switchback XCR.

I agree Chris and even a 2014 model would be a greatly improved trail sled for me. You got to see my reaction first hand when we rode them. Great sled. I just don’t trail ride enough to justify one. :bc:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts