Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing a lot of the things about the F6....some good, some bad. I have been hearing how awsome the f6 is and how it will dominate the 600 class and even beat some 700's out there. And then i hear that its not all what it is cracked up to be...like rev 600 ho's are beating it, and its not all that great. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS TRUE , FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY RODE THE F6 AND COMPARED IT TO OTHER 600'S AND 700'S.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:D My dealer let me ride an F6 for a weekend, I have an F7, let's just
say I was very impressed!!! The seat is a little higher than my F7, which
is a good thing, feels more like the older zr seating position. The shock
valving is way better than my F7. Since I've ridden it though I have played with my F7 suspension alot and got it much better, but still not as good as the F6 was!!!! As for power, up to 75 it would stay with if not beat my F7. I only raced it against my dad's '02 ZR800efi CC, this is my last years sled and it has lost very few races, we raced them 8 times on just under 1/2 mile races and the F6 won every one, even the one race the 8 got it out of the hole the f6 still tracked it down and one by a 1/2 sled length!!! I also weigh 225lbs and my dad weighs
about 180 so weight was in the 8's favor!!!! As for trail manors it was awesome, way better than my f7 sno-pro!!!
:lol: :lol: :D :p
Let's just say I was very impressed and I own a f7!!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I also have ran the F6 fast sled but will not beat a zr800 in a 1/2
mile. Maybe 660 ft & I am not sure of that. Dallief7, U said your self it could run = up to 75 mph which u reach by 660 ft so its down hill for the F6 after that.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have the F6 and love it :D :D I haven't been riding long, but friends who have tried various sleds and have owned all makes and models say it ROCKS!! :p :p :p

I don't think you will be disappointed, but that's just me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:angry: byoff, bring your little 800 to saskatchewan and you will be in for
a big surprise!!!! If you got an f7 like me than bring it, this f6 hauls ass
and these were 1/2 mile runs, not 660!!!!

Not only that, the zr800 has an 1-1/4 to the 1in the f6 has and it got it out
of the hole every time but once!!!

Not bullshitting byoff, got better things to do with my time then make up
stories about a sled that isn't even mine!!!!

dt

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
hey dont be talking shit about byoffcr. He knows his shit probably more than any of us. He has been racing for probably more years than you are old. Whatever he says I would belive him.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:lol: sure, sure!!!

There is more than just him that races, JR!!!!!!

Just letting you know what happened when I rode the f6, I'm real sorry it
offends people. Maybe from now on I'll just keep my experiences to myself,
cause we all know it all, don't we. :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
From what I can tell (from reading reviews of the F6) it would appear that all the major improvements in the F6 should also be present on the 2004 F7. Such as different drivers, suspension rails, shock valving, coupler block placement etc. etc. etc. So all the things that make the f6 better than an F7 should be equal when comparing the 2004 F6 to a 2004 F7. That is the true apples to apples comparison and we will not know the true results until the 2004s are produced. Ultimately you should be down to the motor being the largest (if not only) difference.

Although the F6 sounds like it is a strong runner I think it would be hard placed to outperform a F7. They are in the same chassis and weigh the pretty well the same.

I think that there is no replacement for displacement and the F6 gives up 13-20 hp (depending on the numbers you believe). Approximately 120 for the F6 and 133-140 for the F7. I think the F6 will be a strong runner but if you buy hoping to beat F7s I think you are making a mistake. B)

·
Registered
146 Posts
it doesn't feel quite as snappy as my f7 off the line but i also have a much
deeper track as well. All are stock clutching.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the '04 firecats handle much better than
the '03 firecats. A taller seat too, which i thought was very nice!!!

I've played with my suspesion lots since i took the f6 back, i have made it
alot better but still not quite as good as the '04.

These are just my observations!!!

I let my dad ride the f6 , lets just say his NEW Sabercat is on the way!!!!

He ordered it the next day!!!

dt

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have had a chance to talk to some of the Pro race drivers that were given a chance to test ride all brands & models &CC motors . These were POL.,Cat,Doo,& Yam. Pro.riders They were to give there input to the factory on likes & dislikes. There is no bias with this test. F6 &600ho sdi Doo .Flip the coin which is faster . Draw your own conclutions from that as to how fast the F6 is.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can`t really say how a f6 stands against an 800, but I ran alot of 800 zr,mxz,xc,prox,rev,etc, and found varing results, closest was 02 800 efi ran very close to my f7 w/a few bolt ons. Just stating 800 performance appears to vary and f6 may give a 800 a good run on a given day in given conditions, never say never. Just my experience.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We had 660 foot snow drags last weekend. Temp was -25 cel. that day. The 600 stock final had one F6. one doo and two pol. Finish was 1st, pol, 2nd doo, 3rd f6and 4th pol.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
With the risk of alienating my fellow Cat riders I have to say... cmon....F6's beating ZR800's.....sheeeesh....my 900 destroys my buddies Rev600HO from top to bottom....as does the ZR800...early results indicate the F6 and the Rev 6HO are very close...

I'm trying to make sense of this all.....I know for a fact that the F7's ran close to the 900 been there done that.....I rode a F6 and in powder it was 20mph slower than my 900....the ZR800 was within 6 mile an hour....I'm reading on here that the F6 is running with the F7....

Now the f6 can beat the ZR800....

Sorry but this is sounding like a hyper viper storey....

·
Registered
477 Posts
tsd

Don't confuse powder riding with hard pack riding. In powder hp will be much more noticeable. On hardpack upto 75mph the F6 runs with the F7. Anything over that and the F7 takes over

1 - 20 of 24 Posts