Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Yes.
The instructions list the Polaris part # needed.

======================
I went to dealer with # in hand, he gave me battery, I came back to find the one given to me was too tall also. I called to report this and they said "Well, the battery you have is what all other Polaris's use. It will be fine. I then asked for them to cross-reference the part# given in instructions and they said "It should be the same I said."

Unbelieveable what I go thru everytime I deal with my local parts departments.

Anyway - I kept the battery given (too tall one) and since I had not installed foam strip on top piece of battery holder yet, I noticed that by bending the left tab (one that has screw hole in it) slightly I could get it over the stud. Note: I had already installed the two lower foam strips and did not take these off. I'm sure there would be more room if I removed these.

It's in their tight and should have no problems.

If I do, I swear I am going to lose it.

Trips to any of my 'local' dealers are minimum of 30 minutes each way and usually agonizing when I get there.

If you need the Polaris part# let me know, I'll dig out the instruction book.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
I lost my mind trying to find the two holes for the starter bracket. There weren't any. Doh ! :eek:oh4:

BTW: Now is a good time to fix the coolant hose rubbing against the pipe bracket up front.

I had some NAPA hydraulic hose protectors that use zip ties. Pretty cool items - I use them for every hose rubbing situation. They are Caterpillar yellow but I don't care - they work better than old split hoses that I used to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.