Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 polaris pro x 700 exc shape adult owned never abused 5,500 northern maine miles vforce reads new track heated shield spare belt cover all books always serviced $3800.

Its the sled I want badly and its in my price range the only thing that I dont like is the high milage. I sold my old sled with just under 10,000 miles on it for $1300 and that was a 94 indy classic 500 with broken electric start so I guess I got lucky there. I have been working hard and have enough to buy this sled and having trouble convincing my mom to let me get it but I think I can get that fixed easily. So if they described the sled like it is do you think its worth $3,800?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I got my zr9 up for sale at a lesser price with no calls so far. Hi miles scares alot of people off.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
you got a pro-X and a SKS why would you want a other sled??

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have either. I'm not spoiled like skidooguy6490. I have to pay for my own sled my parents won't even loan me money.
Those are the sleds I want to get. It would say and if I owned both. Anyone thats not a lost arctic cat guy (obviously jealous of our forum/polaris because they are ALWAYS over here) got any comments.

·
Registered
231 Posts
u think 5500 miles is high? my bro's xcr 7 and my xcr has almost 7000 on them both show over 130psi per cyl.
Theres no sleds for sale here yet. Only one 04 x2 800 for $6900 but i havent got all my money in. Good luck on your hunt. I think 3800 is well worth it and is a good deal.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Sep 30 2005, 08:22 PM
I dont have either. I'm not spoiled like skidooguy6490. I have to pay for my own sled my parents won't even loan me money.
Those are the sleds I want to get. It would say and if I owned both. Anyone thats not a lost arctic cat guy (obviously jealous of our forum/polaris because they are ALWAYS over here) got any comments.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902214
[/quote]
jeez dude i just asked ya a question dont got to be a dick head about it i have no problem with polaris or any other brand i just like arctic cat the most

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by arctic-cat-kid@Oct 1 2005, 12:41 AM
jeez dude i just asked ya a question dont got to be a dick head about it i have no problem with polaris or any other brand i just like arctic cat the most
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902225
[/quote]

What made you think I was a dickhead? I don't mind none polaris people in the polaris forum if they are being helpful if they just come to raise their post count or try to bitch out another guy about how his sled is faster than his then they should just stay off the forum or atleast in their own area. :no_bashing:

Rant ON
I stated I have to pay for my own sleds because it seems like half the kids on these forums that their parents pay for their sleds or they are making payments for life on a sled which I would rather not do. I was just stating that its so stupid that skidooguy6490 who has only ridden for one year on a 1998 xcf 440 and only 1000 miles and all of those were very slow 1000 miles and all in a very controlled enviroment for example riding with his family. This year his parents are going to get him a brand new 600 renegade at no cost to him. His xcf was a very slow sled and now hes getting on one of the faster sleds that you can buy right now. Um not safe :frech32: :banghead: . Everyone that know him knows its a bad idea because he hits alot of stuff and other sleds and likes to go WO to closed so he rips the trails up and is never using the throttle propotionaly so that can't be safe. He rides so slow though that I want to ride in front of him but I'm afraid he will hit me like hes hit 3 other people or he will get lost and cry to him mom and then i will get introuble. Rant OFF

I didn't mean to come off as an ass when I said how I would have put the sleds if I owned them both. Don't assume things especially online just snowballs and can get ugly. Probably should stop worrying about post count and PM someone to get the facts before you post. Thats what I do and it seems to keep everyone happy.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
well i seen under your current sleds it said prox and a sks and sence you had a pic of a pro-x i just thought that mighta been yours is all

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by xcr_680_ultra@Oct 1 2005, 12:35 AM
u think 5500 miles is high? my bro's xcr 7 and my xcr has almost 7000 on them both show over 130psi per cyl.
Theres no sleds for sale here yet. Only one 04 x2 800 for $6900 but i havent got all my money in. Good luck on your hunt. I think 3800 is well worth it and is a good deal.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902220
[/quote]
5500 is in the higher area for what I want to purchase a sled with. When I got my other sled it had less than 3500 on it when I sold it it was close to 10,000 so that is high. I probably sold that so easy because it was a dad looking for a cheap but good running 500 polaris for his son and milage didn't matter since it was more of a put around lake in field and homely trails so not many miles would be put on and didn't care about resale value. I ride almost 4000 miles a year depending on conditions I plan to do alot more off trail riding so probably less miles this winter but still think about it I will probably put 2000 miles on and its very hard to sell a sled with 7500 miles on it no matter what condition its in. And its not exactly a put put, beginner ice fishing sled. Most likely an older gentleman or young adult will buy it off me and will care about mileage too. It wasn't hard for me on the last sled to sell it but from other peoples expierences it was very hard for them to sell their sled even if it was in show room condition no one wants high miles anymore.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by arctic-cat-kid@Oct 1 2005, 01:00 AM
well i seen under your current sleds it said prox and a sks  and sence you had a pic of a pro-x i just thought that mighta been yours is all
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902235
[/quote]
Please read it again it says pro x or sks. That pro x in my Avatar is an 04 800 PRO XR with light mods.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
5500 miles isn't much, believe me, I can put that much in a couple months if I wanted to. And them being trail miles means it should be in great shape. And the price is less than half of retail!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks marvs I like that answer. Because if he is true saying its trail miles and in northern maine (as long as its not rangeley area) it should be in good shape because if you know how to ride trails can't do as much damage as off trail, lake running. 5,500 isn't alot for me either If I bought that sled brand new it would have that many miles if not more if I went to sell it now.

Arctic-cat-kid either you blocked me (pussy) or your pm box is full. I got something to tell you.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Sep 30 2005, 10:32 PM
03 polaris pro x 700 exc shape adult owned never abused 5,500 northern maine miles vforce reads new track heated shield spare belt cover all books always serviced $3800.

Its the sled I want badly and its in my price range the only thing that I dont like is the high milage. I sold my old sled with just under 10,000 miles on it for $1300 and that was a 94 indy classic 500 with broken electric start so I guess I got lucky there. I have been working hard and have enough to buy this sled and having trouble convincing my mom to let me get it but I think I can get that fixed easily. So if they described the sled like it is do you think its worth $3,800?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902153
[/quote]
in the northeast sleds hold their values better for some reason... here in the lower midwest that is a 3200 or less sled... i know a guy that sold his 03 pro7 in fall of 04 for 3800 bucks, his sled had 1700 miles, slp pipe/can, vforce, PERC, 144 studs, cover and was MINT... but that was in the lower midwest...

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea over across the water my old sled would have gone for 2000+ USD would have been so sweet. I guess the farther east you go the more people will pay for sleds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts