Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked to many people about this. Most of us have spent over $7000.00 for our sleds not counting all the little things that we think we need and want. Then to have the weather not cooperate is very frustrating. We have our eyes and ears glued to any weather report that says SNOW is coming. Most of us have short ridding seasons 10-12 weeks. If we calculate how much time and money is spent on our sport most of us should be put it in a strait jackets. I try to tell people that it IS worth it because when I put my helmet on and get on the trail I have an ear to ear grin under there. There is nothing like it, and nothing even comes close to it. SO I say.. HELL YES ITS WORTH IT.. Damm.. where did I put my strait jacket.. :wub:

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
YOU BET :rolleyes:
we are the same guys that will bitch about the
price of meat......and then turn around and
spend 1000.00 on hunting season B)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old proverb says:
If snow doesn't come to snowmobiler, then snowmobiler must go to snow..

Also:
Have trailer, will travel..

:huh: :D B)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I dont even want to think about the money spent on two new sleds, new covered trailer and all the goodies to look the part.... :eek:. Wouldnt even want to calculate the dollars per mile spent....doh

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hell ya its worth it even on a bad year you still have great memories and every time you here snow in forcast you get pumped cuz you know youll be riddin soon.If you didnt have the sled what would we complain about all winter,and what would you have to look forward too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In response to is it worth it. I don't post very much, I usually just read, but I felt compelled to do so in response to this question. Anyone who has to ask this question does'nt know the true meaning of the sport. I am 44 yrs old and I can say that nothing has meant more to me other than my family than this sport.From the memories made with my best friends to things I would never have experienced without riding. My snowmobuds and I never tire of talking about the things we have done in the last 20+ years. I will have these memories forever, so if we have to suffer through a few lean years, so be it. I will keep buying and riding snowmobiles untill I can't do it anymore,or till I have no more friends left. Is it worth it? Don't ever ask that question again. Rick, AKA bdog.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Amen bdog- I have never spent money more wisely. The time with family and friends, the trips and scenery and going places I couldn't possibly walk or drive to is absolutly priceless.
On my frist ride of the season today, I put 70 miles on the sled and NEVER ONCE thought about work. That alone is worth the price.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ment the post to be viewed in a good way, read the first sentence of my initial post bdog. Non snowmobilers think we are crazy. I personally think it is worth it, I just wanted to see what everyone else thought. Your age doesn’t mean anything to me, you being a snowmobiler does. I would stop to help anyone I could on the trail or wherever because we all have the same passion. And again, I will ask, "Is it worth it?"

·
Registered
772 Posts
of course its worth it..nothing can touch the expierience of sleding..

Theres is nothing more i enjoy hearing " what...you bought a brand new 8000 dollar sled..that is worth twice as much as ur truck??? are u insane !!!"

yes i am and i enjoy it very much... me and my 88 Burb and my Firekitty :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Let's see:

1. (my sled) Team F7 SP $8250 OTD
a. Studs $270
b. Holeshot skid plate $80
c. Grip plates side/foot $130
d. Isovibe $120
e. Aluminium spring adjuster blocks $40
f. C&A skis $290
g. Two sets of Berg/Skeg 8" bars $150
h. Alarm $50
i. Acerbice hand guards $60
j. Yellow hifax $30
k. Spare belts $50

2. (ATOMICAT) Patriot F7 STD $7400 OTD
a. Isovibe $130
b. Skid plate $60
c. Studs $250
3. 2 place tailer $5000 OTD

TOTAL $22,360 and adding more soon!!!

It is just getting out of hand. But, so what.

·
Registered
861 Posts
There is no such thing as a dumb question........................................
Just dumb people asking questions

<_< <_< <_<

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok Where is mystraight jacket

F7 Firecat Standard $9300.00 w/o taxes
Studs $395.00
Windshield Bag $90.00
Screen Kit $ 60.00
Cat Dollars (gone) $400.00
Stud Boy 6" Carbides $ 80.00
Misc Crap $ 100.00

Crazy? NO just sled crazy lol lol :blink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I figure I have to spend my money on something. This way I am spending it on something that will be loads of fun. Like someone else said, if I didnt have a sled, I wouldn't be happy all winter. Next purchase I think will be a sport quad and then a watercraft. Be good to have something to do all year round.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts