Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told today by poo dealer that poo might might not make sleds in 08. This is not a joke, he has like 40 new units to sell and he is fit to be tied. Has anybody else been told this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cat dealer around here has more 05 carryovers than the polaris dealer has 07s. Polaris cut back drastically last year on there build # which forced less sleds down dealers throats. Not sure what Cat, Doo, and yamaha did to there dealers for 07 but something tells me they forced alot of sleds down there throats.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
with lack of snow, i can Every maker some time here, not making sleds for 1-2 years that is EVERY maker.

i plan on buying an 08 arctic-cat myslef

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Possibly RMK's and special builds only for flat landers. My dealer is thinking of dropping the line. The only thing keeping him is he wants parts availability. He has 05's, 06's and 07's. Polaris needs to kick up the rebates big time to help these guys out.

Or, it may be a planned exit for Polaris. If they starve out enough dealers they can say it no longer makes sense to be in the business. I can see the press release "Due to lack of interest from our dealer network, Polaris the worlds first snowmobile mfg. is leaving the snowmobile business". They will have to have someone to blame.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
depends on your area. where i live cat and skidoo sell everything while polaris and yamaha always have sleds left over and lots of them. the yamaha dealer in town actually has an 04 triple for 6000-7000 dollars cdn. brand new. that was the midnight madness price but i think they would get rid of it at that price any day.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I'm at a loss too, the odd part is it was edited too, maybe edited to be encrypted into the jargon we now see? What secret evil plans were in that original post! My guess is he's drunk :beerchug:[/b]
drunk 15 years old and he's going to buy a new cat :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think your dealer ment that he was not going to be ordering any MY 08 sleds. Polaris just turned 99% of their line over to a new chassis in the last couple years, why would they bother investing in doing that, only to get out of it?

no way.

Doug

·
Registered
117 Posts
Things are looking ominous for Polaris sleds. The difficulties w/the Fusion & the big block, the lack of new innovations from the company, losing market share, excessive inventory levels & low-snow years are leading to their demise. The company needs to innovate to gain back the momentum. Many dealers feel they'll exit the sled biz within 3yrs.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
that was a big typeo

With the lack of snow, i can see every MAKER stop making sleds for 1-2 years because of it. (being no snow)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Things are looking ominous for Polaris sleds. The difficulties w/the Fusion & the big block, the lack of new innovations from the company, losing market share, excessive inventory levels & low-snow years are leading to their demise. The company needs to innovate to gain back the momentum. Many dealers feel they'll exit the sled biz within 3yrs.[/b]

No new innovations!!!They arguably have the best suspension on the snow right now. Ya they have had difficulties with some of there sleds but find me a manufacture that hasn't had troubles...you can't. They are building very good sleds in the biggest class segment...ya no big block, yet, but that may be coming in 08.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
No new innovations!!!They arguably have the best suspension on the snow right now. Ya they have had difficulties with some of there sleds but find me a manufacture that hasn't had troubles...you can't. They are building very good sleds in the biggest class segment...ya no big block, yet, but that may be coming in 08.[/b]
ok, i was hacking at all poalris guys before and still do to a setrain extent, this is just getting out of hand, seriously you pick on the people who ride any type of sled macker just to have fun, Saying they are not updated, like i did and now regret and bla bla bla, is not fun. The older sleds seem to run better than the new ones at times. This game is all about fun, once you start saying they are just junk in a mean way, its time to stop. NOW i know we sometimes cant along, this is one time where we got to go both wayss !!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts