Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i am looking for a 2004 mxz rev 800x. through a lot of thinking and decision making, i have decided that this is what i want and its in my price range, but for the past two months i have been seriously shopping and having real hard time finding one that is a decent price. am i just getting a little too anxious and maybe i should wait longer, or is it time to break down and pay more?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i wouldn't wait too much longer honestly , cause usually right now is the time to buy them , pretty soon that nagotiating to lower the price will be gone cause the seller will know that if you don't buy it for their price ; many more will be around after you to take a look :beerchug:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sold mine for 8500.
Low kms, clutch kit, 1.25 track with studs, SUPER CLEAN.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i am gunna have to get it done then i called on one today i was gunna go buy it came on the auto trader just today i called at about 1230 and it was already sold.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how is it getting them through the border any problems? do u just go and pick them up? i noticed they had a good selection but i thought it might be a pain to get them across. i leave fairly colse to detroit in fact i work in windsor so this would be ideal if it is convient.

·
Registered
134 Posts
my thought is while the guys advertising now will hold thier price, more will be on the market if you wait 3 weeks. people don't start advertising and thinking snow till the air gets crisp.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright well maybe im just getting anxious... i just envisioned shopping for this sled would be easy, and actaully maybe fun but its not turning out like that lol. its kinda nerve racking right now cause i know i could never settle for less tahn what i want.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
ya if you haven't found one yet, I'd suggest calling St. Onge aswell... it's a bit of a drive, but they always seem to have a huge selection, I can go and look for you later today if you like... I live close to there... let me know
Kevin

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I second or third or whatever St. Onge....my buddy bought his 04 MXZX800 from Machine Racing last year, got a smokin deal on it...maybe give them a call to?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i am defiantly going to give them a call. i dont mind the drive as long as its worth the deal, heck i drive that far plus a lot further to ride a lot of times so...lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
Check with the skidoo dealer in Haliburton (Kawagama). My buddy bought 2 used REV's from there last year at a really good price! They were rentals.

I habe a buddy with an 03 for sale.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i called st. onge and they didnt have any 800's right now but they saud it chages every week so i might call back this week again. thanks though they do have a huge selection!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Watch the U.S. sites I bought Rob's 04 GSX Limited in mint mint condition for $5,000 CANADIAN.

Jim

·
Registered
499 Posts
check with A & K recreation...ask for ART he is the owner, they are wholesalers and buys hundreds of sleds from now till christmas at auctions all over, tell him what you want, and he will find it for you - usually cheaper, can't comment on condition of sleds

·
Registered
30 Posts
check out sleddepot.com, they are just north of toronto and are great to deal with. they don't usually get too many 800's anymore though. most sleds are from quebec. also look up location haute matawinie in quebec. they deliver the sleds all along the 401 into the states. most are rental sleds. again great to deal with and about $500 cheaper than sled depot which is cheaper than dealers.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Be prepared to rebuild motors and shocks from the depot sleds, they usually have a lot of KM's on them, and you never know how many kms they "really" have. As for salt damage, they are usually super clean as they dont get trailered that much out there, just be aware of what you are getting, and when you see the price, if you think you'l be able to talk them down...forget it, there prices are good, and if you try to get it cheaper..they'll just sell to the next city slicker!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts