Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are all the people on those yellow sleds jokers? I love how people try to act cool when they get to a junction. These 3 skidoo jokers come flying into a junction we were sitting at and rip through the turn. Well the road was about 25 feet from the junction. This guy had floored his REV and slammed on the brakes. The sled slides sideways and almost tips over. Trying to act cool he hits the RER button and runs over our stop sign for the road. Never picks it up, shreds the trail as he drives away.
Another bunch of yellow jackets come shooting into another junction. A guy on a REV flys up and hits his buddy in the rear. He pushes his snowflap into the guy's tunnel and the guy doesn't realize it. He takes off and shoot crap all over the guy's REV. Just seems we take it easy going into junctions, most of the dudes on the yellow sleds try to act cool. Just an observation.
Anyone else with similar stories?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Them yellow jacket guys are always flying up and hitting
there buddies in the rear!

The main junctions are NOT the place to be acting cool or
speeding thru. There's too many kids out with parents or
people walking around to stretch or look at maps or even
just taking pictures--respect the trails, respect the property,
and most of all respect other people be careful at the intersections
like that someone could get seriously hurt. My brother broke
both legs and a bunch of ribs sledding last year--some dumb ass
came to a junction on the trail hauling ass and hit him--with me
standing there trust me none of you want to ever see anything
like that! It's a good thing he had his helmet still on or ????

D

·
0 Posts
I think spodieness is not brand specific. I've seen some pretty silly green leather clad behavior too LOL

·
Registered
978 Posts
-_- yeah, alot of them, to many people with money that try to buy the best and think their the best, like it takes no skill or practice... also a little kid about my age 15 on a zr 6, we were goin down a woods trail doin about 45-50, slowed down to 35-40 to move to the side of the trail to go by each other, but the kid never moves over and swerves right towards my dad almost crossing skis, the kids dad behind him shakes his head and keeps goin, my dad was ready to chase the kid down and give him shit, but he just flipped him the burd and ripped home... advice, parents always ride infront of kids... until they been ridin for at least 3 years and are comfortable being able to get to the side of the trail and even better is goin ur speed and giving ur signal.... IF U CANT KEEP CONTROL DONT TAKE UR HANDS OFF THE BARS TO GIVE A SIGN....

2 people into a tree on the same turn in campton this weekend... a polaris touched my ski when i am hangin my other off the side of the trail, another fault of the hand signal...

we used to be afraid of drunks at night, we decided riding at night wiull be the best this year, just from one weekend

S

·
0 Posts
I find that it is usually new people to the sport that act like the idiots. The worst case I saw was a guy T-Boning my bud at 50mph+, After the snow cleared he was Drunk! I've been riding my whole life and I find other sledders that are Drinking is a MAJOR problem. Guys do it after the ride not during, Please?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Last 2 times I was out I got "thumbs up" from a few REV's. I though that was pretty cool. I've got more knods from S-D's than AC'ers. I never expected that....especially from REVs

Last time out I had 2 REV guys come over while stopped on a trail and they checked out my sled and loved it. Shot the shit with them and they where pretty cool. Even told me to take the REV for a spin....

No problems yellow jackets here yet....

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a clue scrapper. There are so many Blair Morgan wannabes out there now driving REVS. I think you don't have a clue. Where do you ride? I have yet to see 5 sleds in a row that are cat come flying into a junction with all the riders wearing team arctic racing crap standing up shredding the trail. One of my good friends drives doo and he does it all the time. Another kid I know rides doo and NEVER stays on the trail. My friends brother rides doo and pegs the throttle around turns and throws all the snow off the trail. I'm sitting here tring to remember someone OTHER than a SkiDoo person doing this stuff and I can't. I don't know if it's something about the clutching or what, you never see them drive by with a constant throttle. It's always REV REV REV REV hey that's where they got the name!

·
Registered
129 Posts
There are a lot of crazy people on the trail these days. I almost got hit head on this weekend by a guy on a Doo, but he wasn't the only one who was riding out there like a lunatic. If you people can't control these powerful sleds, they need to stay home!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by 1madcat@Jan 12 2003, 09:01 PM
Is it just me or are all the people on those yellow sleds jokers? I love how people try to act cool when they get to a junction. These 3 skidoo jokers come flying into a junction we were sitting at and rip through the turn. Well the road was about 25 feet from the junction. This guy had floored his REV and slammed on the brakes. The sled slides sideways and almost tips over. Trying to act cool he hits the RER button and runs over our stop sign for the road. Never picks it up, shreds the trail as he drives away.
Another bunch of yellow jackets come shooting into another junction. A guy on a REV flys up and hits his buddy in the rear. He pushes his snowflap into the guy's tunnel and the guy doesn't realize it. He takes off and shoot crap all over the guy's REV. Just seems we take it easy going into junctions, most of the dudes on the yellow sleds try to act cool. Just an observation.
Anyone else with similar stories?
I HATE TO ADMIT IT,BECAUSE IT SEEMS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT SLED COLOR HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH BEHAVIOR,BUT I THINK YOUR RIGHT.I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS WITH DOOS THAT ARE GREAT RIDERS,BUT HAVE SEEN ALOT OF THE YELLOW ONES DOING STUPID SHT AT INTERSECTIONS & FREQUENT CRASHING DO TO OVER-AGRESSIVE RIDING{SHOWING OFF}..IM SURE ITS JUST COINCIDENT, BUT MY POLARIS BUDDY HAS BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS?? :blink:

·
Registered
978 Posts
thats all true, i almost got hit my a yellow and black team f7, way on my side....

but i always notice the guys on the revs flying threw the intersections and spinning there track for the first 500 feet of the trail, looks like its on purpose.... but then i see alot of people on arctic cats that have been riding for a while, i think alot of new buyer bought the revs this year

·
Registered
720 Posts
OK I will add to this vent list.

I don't think it is the sled either, it is the idiot driver. We, three Cats, I was in the lead, were riding up in Moose River Plains and had pulled over on a straight away, in a straight line, to the far right of the trail, to take a break. Well five sleds are coming the other way, I think they were older Yamahas, they slow down a little bit, but going from 70 to 50 mph isn't exactly slow. Three guys stayed to their right, while two others were almost on top of us, so I kicked some snow toward these two sleds. Well, wouldn't you know he stops down the trail, and starts walking toward us. Then he wants to know why I kicked snow at him?? I try to explain that he was pretty close and show him his ski mark less than a foot from our sleds, now the trail has to be about 10 feet wide. Couldn't say he was sorry. Said their were four other sleds ahead of him and he was in control, yadda, yadda, yadda. I told him look, it isn't worth it, because he was looking for a fight, just be careful. But what an a$$hole. I am no Pele, so if he wasn't close, how could I kick snow and hit him? Hmmmm!!

These are the jerks that give the rest of us a bad name.

As far as people blowing through intersections, I have seen that too. Last year this guy on a Skidoo, came blasting through a three way intersection, had the sled sideways heading right toward us. I dove on the other side of my sled and into the brush, he was so close. He just slid through, nailed the gas and kept on going.

There are so many kids and families riding these days. BE CAREFUL, when you are passing other sleds, slow down, you can speed up once you clear the last sled. This are going to be the people that ruin this sport for all of us.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree w/ the guys saying its not the sled its the driver. ( TRUE )
But I see where the other guys are coming from too, Its easyer to single out brands instead of drivers. I`ve done it myself. I`ve had just as many cats that have made me mad than other brands.

Venting: Houghton MI the 4th of jan I was leading our group and wasn`t sure I was going the right way so I directed everyone to pull over and I went to ask one of the others if I was going the right way. Juat as I turn to head back to my sled I hear a some one goose the throttle and then the sled zoomed right passed me a half a foot or so away and he had alot of trail to use. I instantly got pissed and jumped on my sled and hammerd it.
Got up to the stop sign and just stared at him and shook my head. And gave him the upright finger. When we got back to our hotel he reconized my sled and asked what I had flipped him off for. And I told him because he almost took me out at the knees. He shut up and then apologized. I`ll give him cradit for that but I could have been hurt realy bad if he would have clipped me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was riding over the weekend around Sault Ste. Marie area. Saturday we were on the trail from Searchmont to the Half way haven. We made it there with no close calls. On the return trip the oncoming trafic was much heavier so we were more careful to stay to the right. Sure enough, I crest a hill, I'm hard to the right, and here's a guy riding a rev in the f#%ing middle of the trail. I had visions of us hooking ski's, but was able to almost miss him. He ended up hitting the rear of my sled, no major dammage, just a scraped up plastic trim piece. I almost hit two trees of the trail trying to avoid him but managed to miss them. I was so pissed! I turned around and went to have a chat with him, he denied he was at fault. I told him to look at my tracks and he could see how far to the right I was but of course he wanted nothing to do with that.

p.s. If you're the joker who did this and reads this, I'd like to tell you that you're a punk! A man would have admitted his mistake [email protected]%le! :angry:

·
Registered
28 Posts
jerks come in all sizes and colors, unfortunately they all share the same mentality. its about time we stopped these stupid few before our right to ride is absent as there brains.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts