Hardcore Sledder banner

Is a 540 XLV a Venture?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  3wheelerdude 
#1 ·
I just made a post on the two-stroke forum and then it occurred to me that the unit I was inquiring about may in fact be a venture. It is a 1994 540 XLV which I'm kind of thinking now is extra long venture? Yes, I am very green to all this, lol. Gotta start somewhere.

#4 ·
What kind of info are you looking for? They are similar in use in my opinion. The 540 was used in a few models though I do not have any first hand experience with the 540, I have always had the 485 equipped sleds and had good luck with them. I am sure the 540 is just as good.

#6 ·
I did not think the XLV and Venture shared much, but then again I did not think the XLV was produced in 1994.

I have a 1991 XLV with the 540. Its a great fan cooled motor. Pulls like it should and has been very reliable. Equivalent the the 550 Polaris used or the Suzuki 570 Arctic Cat had in those years.

Actually, the 540 never stopped being produced. It is still found in the AC Bearcat and Yamaha VK as of last years models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.