Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
On several occasions upper management at Textron has stated one of their top priorities is to make AC profitable again. Unfortunately what’s wins on Sat/Sun doesn’t sell on Monday anymore. If it doesn’t make Textron $$$ then there is no budget for events like the iron dog. My biggest concern are there are 3 ways to advance the performance of a snowmobile. 1. Thru racing - trial and error method. 2. Thru R&D with simulations, drawing and theory. 3. Using both 1 & 2, Much like poo and doo are right now. It’s obvious AC has given up on option 1 I just hope they invested heavily in option 2.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
To bad Cat did not do too bad in the ID maybe in a few years they will back at it. I always thought the ID was great PR for the sport and MFG's. I am surprised they did get an independent team for 2020.:dunno:

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
I only know what that race is because of this site. Otherwise I've never heard of it and I know none of my buddies could tell you what it is. So might have something to do with that.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
I only know what that race is because of this site. Otherwise I've never heard of it and I know none of my buddies could tell you what it is. So might have something to do with that.
You must be living in a hole with your friends. Didn't you ever get any magazines?

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
2020 line up. :bc:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It's interesting Team 8 decided to split.
They had lot of success.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
I'll be pulling for team 10.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts

Agree, I have been riding the past 20 years pretty hardcore but never heard of this race until maybe a year or two ago on this site. But I have enough other hobbies that I haven't gone looking either.

I know about the Soo 500 only because my Dad was into oval racing back in the 70's and we went once when I was a kid, sno-cross because of the X-games. Sounds like a good place to cut back while righting the ship (if that is the plan)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Textron is only making 50 6000 R XC sleds so they do not qualify to race production classes. Have to build at least 250

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
Textron is only making 50 6000 R XC sleds so they do not qualify to race production classes. Have to build at least 250
Last I remember they can change out the shocks so why not go with the ZR6000. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I noticed at the bottom of the racers list that 3 guys have NO teammates.
Maybe the other team mate had to drop, or was undecided? (which makes it very tough on the guy that's still in).
As mentioned earlier- I do think that with no Contingency money available from Cat, that has a big part to do with no racers on their color.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
I noticed at the bottom of the racers list that 3 guys have NO teammates.
Maybe the other team mate had to drop, or was undecided? (which makes it very tough on the guy that's still in).
As mentioned earlier- I do think that with no Contingency money available from Cat, that has a big part to do with no racers on their color.
I wonder if HCS could sponsor a team to run a Cat?? I would put in $100 if we get enough guys to do it. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts